Question for ladies with drawn on eyebrows!

poxabomination

Question for ladies with drawn on eyebrows!

Post by poxabomination » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:06 am

I was wondering, when/if you go swimming (or out in the rain, or sweating, or any other high-moisture activites :lol: ) how do you make your eyebrows stay? Is there any way/product that keeps them on even in the water? The few people I've ever asked personally say they don't know of any way to keep them on and simply redraw them afterwards, but I figured there might be some way to make them at least partially waterproof.
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

Lorny

Re: Question for ladies with drawn on eyebrows!

Post by Lorny » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:17 pm

If I used pencil they would stay there unless I ended up forgetting and accidentally wiping them off. Cheaper waxy pencils don't look that good in regular light but if you're just swimming and don't want to take them off for that then it's good enough.

space_waste

Post by space_waste » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:58 pm

I've got some waterproof liquid eyeliner by a brand called kiko. The stuff won't shift, even with soap & water, & it's pretty much resistant to makeup wipes.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks guys :D I tried searching before I posted but I guess I didn't use the right keywords >.< Sorry if I made a redundant post.

Frangipane

Post by Frangipane » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:29 am

Well applied pencil followed by eyeshadow applied with a brush. I don't use waterproof eyeshadow & it doesn't smudge when I go swimming. I have found Benefit, MAC and Virgin Vie to hold up the best.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:30 am

thank you... I've gone swimming with eyeshadow on and its stayed pretty well but definitely smudges around.... I've been on the fence about getting rid of my eyebrows literally for years. Mine grow in coarse, low, and flat- no natural arch, and meet in the middle of my forehead (UNIBROW!!) They also grow back ridiculously fast, and ONE of them has a cowlick making it impossible to match the other. I have to constantly pluck them to keep them in any kind of shape. I do my makeup every time I leave the house anyway, and for the past few months I've been filling my eyebrows in every day, so I figure I should probably just grow a pair and do it. I'm mostly just nervous about such things as swimming and sweating, cause I'm a sweaty person that likes swimming. D: I'll have to do a test when it gets warm enough to see what stays on me and what doesn't.

Frangipane

Post by Frangipane » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:52 pm

There won't be as many disasters as you envisage. I started shaving my eyebrows off when I was about 18, I am 32 now (33 tomorrow!). I am not particularly hairy and my eyebrows are not thick at all. They actually no longer grow back properly, about 6 hairs! I have had no issues abroad or swimming/ exercising. I am off to America in June and I am a bit worried but mostly because I don't want to be bothered with thinking about them. I am half considering getting them tattooed on. We'll see!

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:52 pm

thanks, that helps a lot actually. My natural eyebrows stress me the hell out every time I catch sight of them and I think drawing them on everyday would actually stress me out LESS... I'm looking at them in the mirror today and I'm like "I'm PRETTY sure I just did them yesterday, why is my whole forehead growing hair again?!"
I guess its mostly cause my ex was a jerk and was like "If you ever did that I wouldn't even be able to look at you" 0____0 cooool. But my bf now is like "do whatever you want, I think it would look good" So BLAH!

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:34 am

poxabomination wrote:thanks, that helps a lot actually. My natural eyebrows stress me the hell out every time I catch sight of them and I think drawing them on everyday would actually stress me out LESS... I'm looking at them in the mirror today and I'm like "I'm PRETTY sure I just did them yesterday, why is my whole forehead growing hair again?!"
I guess its mostly cause my ex was a jerk and was like "If you ever did that I wouldn't even be able to look at you" 0____0 cooool. But my bf now is like "do whatever you want, I think it would look good" So BLAH!
my eyebrows are the same way only they dont form a unibrow... just thick hairs and dark, they grow in odd directions too. my hubby says he'd leave me if i shaved mine as well lol. but when i draw on some for extra style i use primer then pencil and a bit of shaddow and i have to scrub my face to get it off even then most times i still have faint lines.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:05 am

yeah, at first I didn't think I ever would, like I covered them once a while back to see what it would look like with them drawn on and I was like "oh god no, they look like sharpie brows :C I can't pull this off" but Ive been filling them in lately and I really like how they look, so I should probably just take the leap and do it since I basically do it everyday anyway... ahhh!! The anticipation will probably be worse than actually doing it. I think im still just afraid my boyfriend wont love me even though hes not the same one :C hahaha.

Siegelinde

Post by Siegelinde » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:20 pm

You could try shaving just the end of the brows off (the wing part). I used to wear mine like that for a long time, it was really easy, because you didn't look like cancer patient even without make-up, but still it was easy to do more extreme looks if I wanted to. Plus they grow back fast and don't look so bad in the process, if you want to go back. And you can always shave off the rest if you feel like it!

If really neat lines is not problem, I'd recommend gel eyeliner for drawing them. Bobbi Brown and MAC are likely the best brands, they have a lot of colors to choose from. You just need a slanted brush to put it on and once the eyeliner is dry, it's water resistant and doesn't smudge easily.

cherrystarlet

Post by cherrystarlet » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:05 am

Lipcote!! Best stuff ever - even keeps my eyebrows on when horseriding with a sweaty hat on!!

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:21 pm

i have used GOSH waterproof pencil before when swimming and that stayed on rather well
ive also used a quick coat of benefit she-laq a few summers ago when i was splashing about the the paddling pool lol, and they stayed :)

i did find a waterproof liquid liner that is great and super cheap in my local wilkinsons store... but i cant remember the name of it >_<
it sort of peeled off rather than smudged when it came to removing it, i think it literally cost me about 79p!

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 pm

[Phexxie] wrote:i have used GOSH waterproof pencil before when swimming and that stayed on rather well
ive also used a quick coat of benefit she-laq a few summers ago when i was splashing about the the paddling pool lol, and they stayed :)

i did find a waterproof liquid liner that is great and super cheap in my local wilkinsons store... but i cant remember the name of it >_<
it sort of peeled off rather than smudged when it came to removing it, i think it literally cost me about 79p!
I had a waterproof liner like that once that peeled off like you said... except when ii peeled off it left a horrible rash in the shape of my eyeliner :lol:
It looks like my best bet is to get a good waterprood pencil and use the lipcote or she-laq, I read about that before. I still don't know if I wanna do it though, I don't know whats stopping me cause my brows are HORRIBLE, they can't really get much worse :lol:

Nanou2

Post by Nanou2 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:18 pm

When I used to draw my brows on I would draw a thin brow on with henna and draw over it in the day but if I wanted to go swimming or just wake up with brows the henna would stay put for about a week before reapplying. It is also great for festivals!!

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:17 am

i shave off only the second part of my eye brow, and tweeze the front part into a nice neat thin shape.that way i have a good starting point so theyre always even.it looks funny when i get out of the shower though and i have just two little anrgy eyebrows :lol:

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:39 pm

iddylove wrote:i shave off only the second part of my eye brow, and tweeze the front part into a nice neat thin shape.that way i have a good starting point so theyre always even.it looks funny when i get out of the shower though and i have just two little anrgy eyebrows :lol:

See I would totally do this except for the fact that even the firt half of my eyebrows are effed up. One of them is ok but the other one has like a cowlick/curl, so the first half centimeter of hair curls in a wave towards the other eyebrow, if that makes sense.. then the rest lies flat so theres this big huge part/gap it it. I have to trim the curly part short then fill in the gap. :? I should take a picture and show you guys next time Iget lazy and let them grow out :lol:

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”