Someone made me a logo - help

Is someone using someone elses material?
Report suspicious activity here.
Monique_marion_may

Someone made me a logo - help

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Hey guys, someone made me a logo for my tyto dreads page. I don't know this girl, and i didn't ask her to do it. She did it because she was bored so wanted to do it. She told me she didnt draw the girl. My problem is, i love the logo, and would like to use it, but i'm really worried about where the image of the girl has come from? Apparently its been edited and changed, but I don't wanna start using it, and the find out from someone it's theirs and be acused of stealing. But someone was kind enough to make it for me. What do you guys think? This is the image http://i52.tinypic.com/2pophfo.png

xxx
Last edited by Monique_marion_may on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

poxabomination

Re: Someone make me a logl - help

Post by poxabomination » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:46 pm

ach, I can see where the temptation comes from, that looks fantastic! But unfortunately, unless you can find the original owner of the picture and get their permission, I don't think you should use it. You wouldn't want to tarnish your reputation if there was a big to-do about it :/
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

AppleBisque

Re: Someone make me a logo - help

Post by AppleBisque » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Have you tried asking the girl who edited the image where she found it? That might lead to the original source.

As a last resort you could always commission someone to create something similar for you :). What is it that you like about it? The pose? The colours? The style of drawing? If you know these things, a non edited version of someone elses work could easily be created while not copying it per say :)

I'll say that if it's on DA, it's hidden pretty well with few tag words. I looked through pages and pages of drawings of girls with dreads and didn't see it.
Pixel and Vector Artist - Synthetic Dread Appreciator

Monique_marion_may

Re: Someone made me a logo - help

Post by Monique_marion_may » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:57 pm

I have asked her, just waiting for the reply. Thanks alot for al your help. I've looked around and can't find it either. Im not sure why I like it. Maybe because someone took the time to make it without being asked haha

AppleBisque

Post by AppleBisque » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:00 pm

I hope you're able to find the original artist! :)
Pixel and Vector Artist - Synthetic Dread Appreciator

trippytroll

Post by trippytroll » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:40 pm

yep for me personally i wouldnt use it without permission from the original artists.the girl who done it for you, did she say exactly what she had edited on it?
sophie
otherwise known as...
moomin love
TwIsTeD TaT
trippytroll
sale stuff here, make offers
http://trippytroll.livejournal.com/66563.html#cutid1

Lilinth

Post by Lilinth » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:59 pm

i recognise that drawing!
i know satans_fairy (not sure if she's on here) is using it as the group pic for the 'alternative styles' group on another forum, and i *think* its an old image from the london edge flyers (i may be wrong) http://www.streetwear.ch/tradeshow/lond ... tions.html same art as the one seen here...
but i can tell you it doesnt look particularly different, just a bit brighter
/emmy x

Return to “Copyright?”