comments about your hair by the general public

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Goffy_lucc

Re: comments about your hair by the general public

Post by Goffy_lucc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:27 pm

Today while I was picking my son up from preschool I was told I look like a little girl's my little pony.
She was so cute, she asked how I got the pink on my hair, then gave me one of her pink butterfly clips and put it in my hair, then told her mum she wanted a picture of the "real pony" and her my little pony.
So her mum had to get her phone out and take a photo.

Well not only did my son find a new "girlfriend" called Chloe, but I found a new friend in Chloe's mum. We're going for coffee tomorrow :D
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:52 pm

Goffy_lucc wrote:Today while I was picking my son up from preschool I was told I look like a little girl's my little pony.
She was so cute, she asked how I got the pink on my hair, then gave me one of her pink butterfly clips and put it in my hair, then told her mum she wanted a picture of the "real pony" and her my little pony.
So her mum had to get her phone out and take a photo.

Well not only did my son find a new "girlfriend" called Chloe, but I found a new friend in Chloe's mum. We're going for coffee tomorrow :D

aww thats so cute! Its so nice to hear happy stories like that :) I love when little girls tell me I look like a faerie, but I dont get that as much now that my hairs black and red and not blue :(
"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:05 pm

I had an interestin tonight.....newly installed dreads & taking my son to his kickboxing class.

All said by the same guy; Nifty hair, later followed by I really like it, it's wild. then you look like someone out of star wars (this one is new for me, as I normally get told I look like the predator) shortly followed by if my Mrs had hair like that I'd buy her a princess Leia outfit :shock: :lol:

Oh & earlier some scrote shouted "blue 'ed" at me, yes. THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Ms.FräuleinWunder

Post by Ms.FräuleinWunder » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:44 pm

in my area,me and all people I know wearing dreads (real or fake) are asked the same questions as time goes by you run them through :)

.)how do you comb your hair? ("nevarrrrr.and I never brush my teeth")
.)can you wash your hair? ("nope,water is rinsing right over my head,as if i had a water repelling hat on" :P)
(worst and least)
.)are there animals living in your hair?("yea,I collect to open a Zoo")

well not by people knowing dreads and syn dreads ...mostly passants or elder people...

darklove

Post by darklove » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:05 am

one thats starting to get on my nerves is when people say * wow i love you hair its very rihanna*

just cause i have red hair does not mean that i like her , i have had red hair longer then she has had so stop saying it .
ive even had people say that i should stop copying her * wow i didnt know she like gothic music and style *

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:14 pm

UGHUGHUGH

:omg look at your style you must looove lady gaga/you look just like lady gaga/omg lady gaga/:

I'LL KILL YOU I'VE BEEN DRESSING LIKE THIS LONGER THAN LADY GAGA'S BEEN FAMOUS THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:01 pm

I remember having all the Pink comparisons when I had pink hair, except I had mine first (well, before she was famous) ;)

Some kids yelled 'Lady gaga!' at me in London when I was just wearing black and white blonde HH extensions (I was dressed for Slimelight though), I thought it was hilarious and quite cute :lol:

People will always do it no matter how long you've been doing it...

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:22 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:I remember having all the Pink comparisons when I had pink hair, except I had mine first (well, before she was famous) ;)

Some kids yelled 'Lady gaga!' at me in London when I was just wearing black and white blonde HH extensions (I was dressed for Slimelight though), I thought it was hilarious and quite cute :lol:

People will always do it no matter how long you've been doing it...
Ahh, I know its harmless and whatnot, and not meant to be mean, and its cute the first 30 times you hear it in one day :lol: but then I'm like.. do all these people seriously just assume I'm copying lady gaga? It gets a bit.. I don't know, irritating to think about. Its just like how people are like "omg you look like Abby from NCIS!" Really? Just because I have black hair and dress 'dark'? Thats like saying every boy with red hair looks just like Carrot Top just because they have red hair. We look nothing alike! NOTHING! She's the only 'goth' character I know of on mainstream tv, so now every alternative girl now looks just like her. :roll:

kittykadaver

Post by kittykadaver » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:47 pm

poxabomination wrote:
Its just like how people are like "omg you look like Abby from NCIS!" Really? Just because I have black hair and dress 'dark'? Thats like saying every boy with red hair looks just like Carrot Top just because they have red hair. We look nothing alike! NOTHING! She's the only 'goth' character I know of on mainstream tv, so now every alternative girl now looks just like her. :roll:
When my hair was all black, I had strangers approach me and call me Abby... Even had some random guy ask me where Gibbs was XD

When I was going to school, there was a professor who treated me differently depending on the color of my hair. When it was all black, he was perfectly polite to me. When I showed up to his class with pink hair, he was completely rude to me. It was as if I was a completely different student or something.

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:26 pm

what the hell. i almost never get people being rude about my hair, but yesterday i was at the gas station, in line paying, and the two girls behind me were like "omg wtf is on her head" and loudly and quite obviously laughing at me. i ignored it. THEN, while i was pumping my gas, they proceeded to drive by slowly in their car and take a picture of me. all the while howling with laughter. really? what the hell is wrong with people? i understand if you dont like my hair, thats fine, i dont care, but dont be rude about it.

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:23 am

Ugh, don't you hate when someone says something rude and then an hour later you're sitting there thinking of all the witty things you should have said? I think its called the spirit of the staircase or something like that. But this group of bitchy-ass teenagers was sitting in a restaurant at the mall and I passed them on my way out, and one of them loudly yelled "what the FUUUUCCCCCKKK" and I DID turn around and smile, and they DID look very embarassed and ashamed of themselves (it was only one girl who said something and the rest looked embarrased of her, so that was nice at least) but theres SO many things, rude and polite, I could have said. It disgusts me because here I am just walking by, and this girl is yelling the f-word in a family restaurant. Who's the ugly person in that situation, cause I'm pretty sure it wasn't me. I looked damn awesome today actually :lol:

Smoo

Post by Smoo » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:01 pm

I think the best comments I've had were from when I went to New York last year. On the way to a 'festival' type thing I had an oldish gay guy tell me I looked like a flower and that I brightened up his day, 15 minutes later he ran into the building I was in and gave me a rose he had just bought because he just *had* to get me it.....made my week XD

Before I went i was told to avoid brooklyn at night, dont go on the tubes at night etc, but unfortunately I couldn't avoid it, one night there was a fairly large group of people who i saw staring and whispering, I was a bit nervous until the biggest guy of the lot (with green and yellow extensions that I hadn't noticed) commented on them and wanted to know if he could buy some off me. :D

I get the odd chavers trying to mutter things but most of the time I get pretty good comments, even from the people i wouldn't expect to..
...though once i did get the comment of 'phwoar bet thats something to hold on to in bed *nudge wink nudge*'

CancerHybrid

Post by CancerHybrid » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Smoo wrote:.
...though once i did get the comment of 'phwoar bet thats something to hold on to in bed *nudge wink nudge*'
i get this one a lot :roll:
*Manda*

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:46 am

iddylove wrote:what the hell. i almost never get people being rude about my hair, but yesterday i was at the gas station, in line paying, and the two girls behind me were like "omg wtf is on her head" and loudly and quite obviously laughing at me. i ignored it. THEN, while i was pumping my gas, they proceeded to drive by slowly in their car and take a picture of me. all the while howling with laughter. really? what the hell is wrong with people? i understand if you dont like my hair, thats fine, i dont care, but dont be rude about it.
Gah I know what you mean >< its really abnoxious and annoying more than anything else.

Generally (I think its because of my clothing when I go out clubbing etc) I get called 'Predator' or similar... not too bad really haha
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

[Phexxie]

Post by [Phexxie] » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:58 pm

today, one of the older ladies i work with said 'why have you dyed your hair orange?'
so i explained that i didnt, im just slowly washing out and removing the red in preparation for going white blonde
to which she answered 'oh right... it looks bloody awful'

got to love how blunt old ladies can be :roll:

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:06 am

Nenedhel wrote:
iddylove wrote:what the hell. i almost never get people being rude about my hair, but yesterday i was at the gas station, in line paying, and the two girls behind me were like "omg wtf is on her head" and loudly and quite obviously laughing at me. i ignored it. THEN, while i was pumping my gas, they proceeded to drive by slowly in their car and take a picture of me. all the while howling with laughter. really? what the hell is wrong with people? i understand if you dont like my hair, thats fine, i dont care, but dont be rude about it.
Gah I know what you mean >< its really abnoxious and annoying more than anything else.

Generally (I think its because of my clothing when I go out clubbing etc) I get called 'Predator' or similar... not too bad really haha
my boyfriends best friend just called me predator the other day hahah.

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:15 pm

Today in my GP's there was a woman (admittedly she was a bit of a chav) with her two kids. Her little girl who looked about 8 or 9 was asking me about my hair, and if I was Stephanie from Lazy town (lol) while her mum was booking an appointment.
I was talking to this girl and told her I wasn't Stephanie but I do like lazy town and my favourite is Robby Rotten when her mum noticed her asking me questions and slapped her round the back of the head and shouted "DONN YEW TALKTA FUREAKS, YER HEAR ME CHANTELLE?" then gave me one of the most disgusted, horrible glares ever. She then went on to tell the reception staff (who know me quite well) that "HERS CAUSIN TROUBLE, HEAR ME? SHOULD WATCH OUT FER HER TYPE". Her poor kids looked absolutely horrified.

That is actually the first really nasty person I've come across :s
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:28 pm

Goffy_lucc wrote:Today in my GP's there was a woman (admittedly she was a bit of a chav) with her two kids. Her little girl who looked about 8 or 9 was asking me about my hair, and if I was Stephanie from Lazy town (lol) while her mum was booking an appointment.
I was talking to this girl and told her I wasn't Stephanie but I do like lazy town and my favourite is Robby Rotten when her mum noticed her asking me questions and slapped her round the back of the head and shouted "DONN YEW TALKTA FUREAKS, YER HEAR ME CHANTELLE?" then gave me one of the most disgusted, horrible glares ever. She then went on to tell the reception staff (who know me quite well) that "HERS CAUSIN TROUBLE, HEAR ME? SHOULD WATCH OUT FER HER TYPE". Her poor kids looked absolutely horrified.

That is actually the first really nasty person I've come across :s
That sort of thing has happened to me as well. At the time I was working in a pre school. The irony! :|

What a horrible thing to teach kids.

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:57 pm

O_o really?? How awful. Poor kid...you looked like one of her hero's & her mother kicks off like that!!

Here's hoping small child turns in to a "fureak"
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:51 pm

Thats awful :c Its happened to be before too, where the parents are like "ugh, I'll kill you if you ever end up like THAT." It just goes to show how much prejudice and hatred is learned. Seriously, if no one was taught that 'our kind' was weird they'd just think it was cool. Just like fearing snakes and spiders and other creepy things; most babies dont give a fuck about spiders if you show them to them at a young age, its when they see their parents or tv or whatever going "oh ewww snakes and spiders are scary and grosssss" and they learn it. People suck.

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:12 pm

That's exactly what I thought, I mean she was so excited about me having the same hair as Stephanie... I wasn't dressed horribly or anything, I'm just wearing a maxi dress and a pair of sandals, which is something completely different than I normally wear and I felt pretty "normal" (whatever normal means) :/

Poor little girl, and the boy was scared to look at me after. Luckily they left pretty quickly afterwards.
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Etsy | Facebook

iddylove

Post by iddylove » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 am

awh. i think that honsetly i would have just been totally disrespectful and keep on talking to the child lol. and why is it ok for her to watch lazy town then? cant be watchin them freaks on the tv.

schwarz_engelblut

Post by schwarz_engelblut » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:37 pm

i went to the Wal*Mart late last night with the hubby to get cold medicine (he took break at wor to get me) and we kept hearing people talking and camera shutters.... excused it... Then we got in line and these bold arse mofos are taking my picture screaming "wtf is that ish? wth man? take a pic of that ish!!! that's ret*rded!!! (I hate that word!!!)" They were grown freakin men!!!! and then they followed us out of the store with it!!! Took all of my might to make sure hubby didn't hit em... or me for that matter..... An older lady and her granchild, maybe a few years younger than me, saw so they started to ask about it. Nicely. The last time I was in that store a buggy guy kindly asked for a picture... He could put it on the internet saying good bad or ugy things about it but at least he was polite.... If this idiots would have been nice about it I wouldn't give a flying fig! But who wants tto be sick and have people you don't know bash you for being yourself!!!! Mum made the "you wore it to get comments" statement she always gives... but I should be able to walk around butt naked w/o someone being stupid. omg.... seriously..... 10 times this week that something stupid has happened.......
this is my witty signature. love it. fear it <3 rawr!

if you havn't received your package, contact me!!

Dreads for sale

PreMades :]
http://www.SchwarzEngelblut.etsy.com

Hairyspace
http://www.myspace.com/engelbluthair

Mkatsi

Post by Mkatsi » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:46 pm

I went to London for two days and got three people wanting my picture, that was kinda cool! They were all tourists too I think

Shala

Post by Shala » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:27 am

Today when i got out of the tram two black men(how do i say that nicely? Negroid? I dunno :/) walked passed me and they said "hey Rastafari!" and i laughed a little bit.. appearantly my dreads look real enough ^^

Had also several people in the tram ask me if it was my real hair and how it was done.. Fun when you have to try explaining that in German haha.

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”