really long hair

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
tesslilrainbow

really long hair

Post by tesslilrainbow » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi I am just wondering I have really long hair and wondered what ways I can install some dreads.will post pic if needed

Izzybeau

Re: really long hair

Post by Izzybeau » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:45 am

I think a pic might be helpful so people can see the length and thickness of your hair.

Installing via blanket braid reduces the length of your hair significantly, but if your hair is really really long then this might not be the best method.
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

tesslilrainbow

Post by tesslilrainbow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Okies so here is le hair in its natural damaged state :) that is mean on the left :)

Izzybeau

Post by Izzybeau » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Yeah I would suggest blanket braiding. It does shorten hair so it might be worth trying one on your hair without any dreads so you know the length of dreads you would need for your hair. I also found this from the forum about blanket braid for long hair.
MissAnthropik wrote:Oh, and for those with long hair, rather than braid down, and then back up again, there is another way to shorten the length of the braid, which I found easier and neater to do.

When you do the strand of your own hair which kind of wraps around the dread, you can wrap it round twice, and put the second wrap on top of the first one, if you do this with every pass of your own hair then your braid will be twice as short but just as secure.

Maybe others already do this IDK, but to me it was far easier than trying to braid up again which just confused my hands!
http://www.facebook.com/izzybeau.uk

(\__/)
(='.'=) OoOoOooohhh!!!
(")_(")

tesslilrainbow

Post by tesslilrainbow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:11 pm

Thanking you miss :)

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Blanket braiding ftw! :) I have about the same length. I just takes a long time to get everything done, thats all :)
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”