Revamping Dreads - A Journey

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Leinnxx

Revamping Dreads - A Journey

Post by Leinnxx » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:45 am

This is the short little mini-blog like entry about revamping the first dreads I ever tried to make. I have the main one going on VF, but seeing that I just refound this site, I figured it would help me to remember to post here as well. :)
(Plus, I figured some here would be more interested in this than my friends on facebook :lol: )

In unpacking a bunch of stuff that I don't need or want, I found something I had long forgotten about - my first attempt at synthetic dreads.

This is what they (and I) looked like back in '07.
Ah, nostalgia, how I love thee.

Needless to say, we've both gone through some changes since we parted ways four years ago.
I ditched my eyebrows and got hot (or at least good at pretending to be).

They, however, went into that horrible "I'm just going to give up because life has no meaning" post break-up thing.

Being the procrastinator extraordinaire that I am, I decided I wanted to see if I could do something with them (because let's face it, I really don't want to unpack if I don't have to). I figured such an endeavor is going to require a photo-blog of sorts (as it adds to the unnecessary things I can do so I don't have to open another box).

So, this is the beginning of these dreads rebirth - and boy, are they in a sorry state.

Later on day one (in between riding the Holiday Train on the CTA and getting in the holiday spirit with some Goldschläger spiced coffee), I have half of one of the falls rebackcombed.
Actually doing things - what is this?

Today is day two, and I have one fall fully rebackcombed.
It's looking more like a pompom and less like the cheap falls hottopic tried to sell. This is good, very good.

Moratoria

Re: Revamping Dreads - A Journey

Post by Moratoria » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:43 am

This is rather OT, but the Holiday Train(!). Gotta love the CTA. : D

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”