To undercut or not to undercut

Forum rules
*If you are asking where to buy something or asking where to find an item please post in Want To Buy- not here.

(Remember you need to abide by the 50 posts/30 day rule in Want To Buy)
Candied_Angel

To undercut or not to undercut

Post by Candied_Angel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:04 pm

So I have this dilema and it's one that my mom warned me about.
I have afro-carribbean hair, which just means it's difficult and very finnicky about how you take care of it, and my mother warned me that once I relaxed my hair I would have to wear a scarf to keep my hair from breaking/drying out/looking like a hot Bon Qui Qui mess. I was only 15 then so I didn't get the message and slept with my hair all willy nilly because I loved waking up with bedhead instead of a weird misshapen 'fro.

Four years later and I now know that my mom has every right to say 'I told you so'. The back of my head, towards the nape of neck, is severly shorter than the front and crown. I'll let you take a look for yourself. [Please excuse the Im-feeling-lazy-today pigbuns and lack of make-up/facial expression.]

[cringe]

There's nothing scarier than taking a webcam to the back of your head.
Anyways, so I was looking at all you lovely ladies and your undercuts and figured that that might be a possible solution to making the back of my head not look so ridiculous. The little tuft of hair is usually brushed up as much as possible, I just left it out for demonstrative purposes. I would consider shaving that too but I don't want to go too high for my first time and I think it's long enough to put a few dreads onto it.

I'm planning on installing some dreads soon, just to let my hair rest for a while, perming my roots between sets.

With all that said...what'dya think? Should I?

Lilinth

Re: To undercut or not to undercut

Post by Lilinth » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:09 pm

i say go for it, if you're nervous about it, leave it about 1.5cm long, then you can always gel it up or down as you probably won't be able to brush it up

if you're a big follower of fashion the shaved sides and back of head are quite popukar at tghe moment too, i just googled and found this
http://www.fashionistazlife.com/Hair-Tr ... de-6788163
which has loads of great styling looks
/emmy x

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:59 pm

My OH's undercut followed his hair line, so it wasn't a straight line from one side of his head to the other - looked nice.

apart from that, what Lilinth said :D
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Candied_Angel

Post by Candied_Angel » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks guys!
I think I'm going to have my hairdresser of a friend go to town on it within the next week or so.

But would it look weird if she went around the little tuft of hair?
The tuft is about an 1" or so long and I want to keep as much hair as possible for future extensions.
Though I do like that idea of going along the hair line, seeing as though I have breakage all around the edges.
>.<'' ;.;'

Return to “Hair Specific Chatter”