Making a full head of Rexlace

Forum rules
1) Clearly label your title
2) Add 'VID' to your title is there is a video/ Youtube link
That is it- easy peasy!
Evil_Locks

Making a full head of Rexlace

Post by Evil_Locks » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:51 pm

I was wondering how to do this. I was looking at the do's on Pepi's website and they looked really funky.

I know I could braid my hair with the rexlace and add bits to that to cover it all, but I don't want any of my natural hair to show, and I'm not sure if braiding my hair in this way would work?

Do you think they use some other method, like cornrowing the hair then knotting the rexlace through them? I cant do cornrows (well I've never tried, but im terrible at braiding at the best of times!) so I'm hoping someone has a better idea of what i could do?

Not sure if any of that made sense! lol!

And help would be much appreciated, guys. Thanks x
Computers are like air-conditioning - they work fine until you open windows.

CancerHybrid

Re: Making a full head of Rexlace

Post by CancerHybrid » Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:46 pm

look at ikickshins response in this thread viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1699
hope it helps
*Manda*

Vixie

Post by Vixie » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:45 pm

Lets see if I can explain it..
What I have been shown is that you can switch the roles around between the hair and the rexlace.
Instead of having your piece of hair split in two and braiding THAT around the rexlace, you instead could use two pieces of rexlace and braid them around the hair. If you don't know what I mean, I can try to draw it on paint. Just one piece of hair, rexlace wrapping around it, instead of two pieces of hair, wrapping around the rexlace. Use the rexlace like double ended dreads. You can use one half of two pieces to braid, and you braid tightly with the same color rexlace, and leave the other halves of both pieces to hang.

Also, small section. As tiny as you can stand it.
Notorious thread killer.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:04 pm

Braid your real hair, then tie the rexlace through the braids. Bunch up a lot of strands at the top and space them out more as you go down the braid.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Evil_Locks

Post by Evil_Locks » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Vixie wrote:Lets see if I can explain it..
What I have been shown is that you can switch the roles around between the hair and the rexlace.
Instead of having your piece of hair split in two and braiding THAT around the rexlace, you instead could use two pieces of rexlace and braid them around the hair. If you don't know what I mean, I can try to draw it on paint. Just one piece of hair, rexlace wrapping around it, instead of two pieces of hair, wrapping around the rexlace. Use the rexlace like double ended dreads. You can use one half of two pieces to braid, and you braid tightly with the same color rexlace, and leave the other halves of both pieces to hang.

That makes perfect sense! Just need to order myself some rexlace and I'm onto a winner!

Thanks!
Computers are like air-conditioning - they work fine until you open windows.

iamdolleyes

Post by iamdolleyes » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:33 pm

just be aware of the weight!! hehe...... and post pics!

pepi's tubing is hollow, so it's a little lighter and easier to tie off than rexlace.
if i were to do it i think i would make some removable pieces i could take off at night to sleep... sleeping with plastic on my hair was hard (i had the big wide flat pepi's plastic)
i like my coffee black
just like my metal

VixenSingsBlack

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:49 am

Another option would be to corn row your hair, then latch hook the rexlace through the rows. Then NONE of your natty hair would be hanging loose, it'd all be plastic.

Vixie

Post by Vixie » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:40 am

Evil_Locks wrote:
Vixie wrote:Lets see if I can explain it..

That makes perfect sense! Just need to order myself some rexlace and I'm onto a winner!

Thanks!
I'm glad! I can't wait to see the outcome ^^.
Rexlace was my first experience in fake hair, I saw that and only that for the first two years I discovered fake hair as all my friends had rexlace hair.
Notorious thread killer.

Return to “Cyberlox, Foam & Mixed Media”