Thick hair extensions help!

LeanneTeb

Thick hair extensions help!

Post by LeanneTeb » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi I am new to this,

I have fairly short hair (chin length bob) and have been desperately looking for some very thick hair extensions. I have bought several and non seem to have the thickness I need. Can anyone recommend any?

Thanks

Leanne :D

LittlePinkFaery

Re: Thick hair extensions help!

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:56 pm

you may be better looking for a 3/4 wig cap :)

LeanneTeb

Post by LeanneTeb » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:03 pm

I have seen a few of them on eBay and other extension sites but they are all synthetic.

I was debating making my own but have always been disapointed with the quality of the wefts I have bought.

:( xx

xalternmommyx

Post by xalternmommyx » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:51 am

i bought HH wefts that were "spanish wave" (to make dread extenders out of since it was the only decent price in the color i needed) but i'll tell ya its thick, i mean yeah if you dont have wavy hair you'd have to straighten it but its heavy thick hair.

guest123

Post by guest123 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:58 am

*deleted*
Last edited by guest123 on Sat May 09, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:25 am

I think that the fact your hair is thick is a side-issue. Getting extension to blend into blunt-cut hair of any length is difficult, but particularly when it is quite short. Obviously, the fact you have thick hair won't help.

I recommend, as Stina says, simply putting in more hair and putting it higher through the head to get it to blend. It's likely you will need to cut into the extension to get it to look natural. Human hair is sold by weight; longer hair in length will result in shorter wefts so, to get more out of your money, go for shorter length extensions for a more natural look.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 pm

Higher quality hair will have thicker wefts, but it really comes down to having enough tracks and your blending work. I second going with a shorter length. Have you considered doing some precut work with your hair? That would also make extensions blend much easier.

theextensionist

Post by theextensionist » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:47 pm

When I wore clip-in wefts I always sewed two pieces or even three pieces of weft together to make one very thick piece of weft and in order to fit in more hair in less space. Maybe this is something you could do?

mila07

Post by mila07 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:35 pm

I use the Easy Clips hair extensions which are clip in hair extensions and they work pretty well, they don't cause the same damage than the other kind of extensions. I really like them because they are made of Remi Hair which is the best quality of hair and you can style them the way you like, plus they are easy to put and remove. I bought them at hairproductspro.com in case you wanna check them out. :D
Hope this helps and good luck. :D :) :i9:

strandzofadiva

Post by strandzofadiva » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:06 pm

If you select extensions that are coded as silky, European, or straight. They will never be thick upon purchase.

Double the weft at the point of application this will give you more hair, after wearing and washing for a week or two this type of extension hair will begin to expand this is caused by the lack of moisture being retained in the actual hair strand and it will get thicker!

Oh yes, this is possible with sew in application.

Darrinatic

Post by Darrinatic » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Yea its hard to find thick hair extensions. Sallys is early thin and you don't want to buy too many pieces...how many grams are you looking for? I have bought a lot of hair extensions so maybe i can give you a better estimate if i know how thick you want it to be

strandzofadiva

Post by strandzofadiva » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:20 am

May I add if your natural hair is short and thick ; Remy perm yaki or Indian Remy may work better, the key is matching your hair texture, however either of these choices will render more volume.

Return to “Loose Synthetic & Human”