sores on my scalp??

MaybeJuly

sores on my scalp??

Post by MaybeJuly » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Hey ya'll!
So.. I Recieved a new set recently. the first time I wore it, I noticed in just a few days that I had some sores on my scalp. I figured since I braid them in so tightly the pull is taking it's toll.
I let my scalp heal, and the next time I put them in a week ago, I braided them more loosely, but yesterday I noticed I have the sores again, REALLY BAD. they hurt so bad and I had to take the dreads out.

my question is, basically.. wtf?! this never happened with my old set, it's pretty cold so it's not sweat or anything.. what is it and what am I to do??

Librarynerd

Re: sores on my scalp??

Post by Librarynerd » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:09 am

Are the sores along the hairline or all over?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/jeanween23

XXXX I used to be disgusted. Now I try to be amused. XXXX

NirvanaMarie

Post by NirvanaMarie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:34 am

It may be an issue with sectioning. If you have cross hairs they can tug and cause sores. Or they could be tension bumps(too tight or too heavy for you scalp). I usually get them a bit on my bottom layer and sometimes by my ears where my hairs are baby fine.

MaybeJuly

Post by MaybeJuly » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:26 am

well the worst ones are around the hairline, like my nape is the worse, above my ears etc, but they are all over..
I don't get it though. my last dreads were heavier and iv'e never had this problem with them :/

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:33 pm

These spots are always more common and noticable around the hairline. I would recommend not tying the dreads back for the first few days if it's a problem.

I always tell my customers to make sure the dreads around the hairline are not bearing the weight of any updos, as the hair there is finer than anywhere else on the head.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Return to “Synthetic Dreadlocks”