Lush lovers unite

NaturalistDesigns

Re: Lush lovers unite

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:33 am

I'm gutted about missing out on the So White perfume because my managers didn't put a bloody list up :evil: :(

Ah wells. I have Hair Doctor again <3

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:59 am

Has anybody tried Celestial? I'm looking at it as an alternative to Cosmetic Lad for a moisturiser because it's designed for sensitive skin. Cosmetic Lad did wonders for my skin (girls use it too lol), but I'm just looking for something for slightly more sensitive skin.

KelsieStars

Post by KelsieStars » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Me and my boy use Celestial - I think it's a wonderful moisturiser. It seems like a heavy cream, but it's quite light once it's on. I'd certainly recommend it!

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:09 am

KelsieStars wrote:Me and my boy use Celestial - I think it's a wonderful moisturiser. It seems like a heavy cream, but it's quite light once it's on. I'd certainly recommend it!
Thanks! Sounds like I may get it now!

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:28 am

Eeep I used Love Lettuce yesterday and it brought me out in a rash! Not good :( Strange as i've used it before, I think when I bring in my five pots next I will have to try Hair Doctor, i've heard many a good thing :)
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Oh no :( I love Love Lettuce. I've just emptied my 5th black pot this morning, thinking I might try BB Seaweed this time.

MistressH

Post by MistressH » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:33 pm

i bought the matryoshka (sp) russian doll for my sister, im not a so white fan but the soap smells divine! im in two minds whether to give it her now or keep it as a wardrobe scenter :lol:

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:51 am

Has anyone with spot-prone skin tried vanishing cream? Still trying to find the perfect moisturier for me! I used to love Celestial and I still do but I'm finding it makes me quite greasy during the day at work!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:53 am

Yeah, I used to use Vanishing Cream, I liked it, but I switched to Enymion (sp?!) and I actually prefer that now. My skin is combination and I find it a bit more moisturising :)

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:27 pm

I dislike Vanishing Cream, it really really dries my skin out. If you've got very oily skin then it'd probably be fine.

I like Enzymion best.

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:50 am

I found celestial to be waaaay too light. I ended up getting cosmetic lad. My face is like buttttttttttttttttterrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

~Azaezl~

Post by ~Azaezl~ » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:00 am

I've been using vanishing cream for a few years now and it's helped me alot as my face was an oily spotty mess, it's still a biut of a spotty mess but the oil is gone.

Don't know if anyone wants to hear the reviews of the perfumes? Needless to say they are all amazing(although I really didn't like the smell of twilight but apparently it was accurate to ballistic scent).

Day of the dead - Smells amazing, lots of people have said it smell slike lady catrina but I havent' smelt that so I can't say, I have had a calavera and it is similar but much sweeter to me

Black pearl - This is so scrummy, to me it smells like spacegirl, it has a nice blackcurannt smell but there is something else as well that i can't put my finger on.

Snowcake - Exactly like the soap

American cream - just like the conditioner, this is my favourite one, it smells fantastic and I just wish I'd bought 2

So white - to me it smells like dettol apple scented floor cleaner but alot of people have said it smells like the ballistic

Twilight - just like the ballistic

Big - I didn't get this but apparently it's accurate to the shampoo.

I also hate the smell of almost all of the retro I bought, good thing it was so cheap :lol:
Kanadeta senritsusae, Mou todokanai yumeno ato
Facebook

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Big question for my Lush-ployees. Are anyone of you going to the Brummy training on Monday? I need familiar faces <3

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Just used Sweetie Pie jelly with exfoliating gloves, yum yum :D

(got some iced wine today too)

Can't wait to try gløgg/a few other things after I open my Christmaslushpackage present!

ContortedAngel

Post by ContortedAngel » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:51 pm

I want to get my boy something from lush for christmas, wanted the cosmetic lad gift set but cosmetic lad itself has lavender in it which certainly isn't good for him as he is epileptic. Would any of you have any recommendations for the boys? He loves the shaving creams but would maybe like to make up my own wee set for him so would greatly appreciate some more ideas!

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:07 pm

My boy uses Fresh Farmacy, he'd prob use more if I bought him it, or if we had a bath and not just a shower, can't wait to have a bath again, I'll use so many bath bombs :lol:

ContortedAngel

Post by ContortedAngel » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:13 pm

My boy doesn't really use cleansers cause he has pretty much perfect skin (grr, lucky!) and he doesn't really like baths lol. was thinking some shaving cream, a massage bar and a serum but not sure >.<

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:30 pm

Lucky indeed! :shock:

Well, everyone loves a massage bar?

Hmmm now I'm pondering getting mine some shower gel, I got him demon in the dark soap a while back and he wasn't that impressed :roll:

iamtheparty

Post by iamtheparty » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:54 am

I've just put 3 Gingerbread House bubble bars into the bath and I'm going to top it off with a Winter Bath ballistic. There are definitely perks to working at Lush (broken bubble bars being a big one).

starlight

Post by starlight » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:39 pm

My mum and I managed to buy each other exactly the same bubble bars from Lush this year :lol: At least we know they're good choices!

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:09 pm

I think I must be doing something wrong with the sugar scrubs. I had one a while ago but it scratched the hell out of me so I binned it. I got one in a gift and had another go and its the same again. Massive scratches all over my body, I look like I've taken on a tiger!

I'm following the directions, has anybody else had this problem?

On the plus side though, I also got Mandarin's Tea Party soap which is honestly totally gorgeous.

Bomber

Post by Bomber » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:37 pm

I smush the sugar scrubs up into a pot and use a little bit with water. Rubbing the whole bar on my skin is far too abrasive for me as well, and softening it down with water makes it less scratchy.

Ice_Pick_Abortions

Post by Ice_Pick_Abortions » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 am

woolhairhabit wrote:I think I must be doing something wrong with the sugar scrubs. I had one a while ago but it scratched the hell out of me so I binned it. I got one in a gift and had another go and its the same again. Massive scratches all over my body, I look like I've taken on a tiger!

I'm following the directions, has anybody else had this problem?

On the plus side though, I also got Mandarin's Tea Party soap which is honestly totally gorgeous.
I do something similar to Bomber. I break a few smaller chunks off before getting into the shower and they crumble it and mix that in my hand once I'm in and then rub. I break the bits off before the shower cos it just dissolves otherwise!

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:22 pm

I got a lush box for christmas but my sense of smell is non existent a lot of the time so I'm putting of using it until I can smell it again!! :(

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm going to have to try that, thanks ladies. I have actual scabs today. I love a good exfoliate, but that's taking it a bit far.

I probably wouldn't buy another though; there are so many good exfoliants that don't need messing with first. It's so rare for me to be disappointed with anything Lush make.

Return to “Make-up & Skin Stuff”