Post by Lollipop » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:25 am

on their own

with a few natural looking synths

and with some not so natural looking synths
Formerly Miss_Kitty

cyberwench

Re: Dreadlock Pictures

Post by cyberwench » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:25 pm

I wasn't sure to post this here or whether to make a new thread as it's showing off my fiance's dreads, him & his tattoos, and our kitty, but I guess it's about the dreads more than anything so I've posted here. Mods, feel free to move if this should go somewhere else!

Anyway, this is my boy (now my husband-to-be) Jon being a cam-whore to show off his dreads (these pics were originally posted on getup_dreadup). They're about 18 months old, I started them off for him and do maintenance whenever I can be bothered (of course being a bloke he never does anything to them himself :roll: ). I've just bleached some stripes into a few of them but no pics as yet.

And to show off his ink:

Then my cat Snafu wanted to get in on the photos...

sinn_ister

Post by sinn_ister » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:10 am

Oooh, so many nice sets of dreadlocks in this thread!

@Cyberwench: your man sure is a cutie! Wanna know something funny? The dragon head in his right-shoulder-tat...is exactly the same as the head of the dragon on my left-shoulder-tat! Like, literally exactly the same. Both of our artists must have seen it somewhere else and really liked it, but that's a pretty interesting coincidence since we live on different continents!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:21 pm

yay for snafu!!
the crazy cat who decided to make installing roving into such an interesting experience :D
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

cyberwench

Post by cyberwench » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:24 pm

ScarletLady wrote:yay for snafu!!
the crazy cat who decided to make installing roving into such an interesting experience :D
And that was her on a *good* day :i9: We had fun putting in the wool wraps!
sinn_ister wrote: @Cyberwench: your man sure is a cutie! Wanna know something funny? The dragon head in his right-shoulder-tat...is exactly the same as the head of the dragon on my left-shoulder-tat! Like, literally exactly the same. Both of our artists must have seen it somewhere else and really liked it, but that's a pretty interesting coincidence since we live on different continents!
Small world! His dragon was his 1st tattoo, but it was just a piece of flash off the wall, so I guess it must be quite common, I've seen quite a few of the stone-effect tattoos about. I'm just happy when someone recognises it as a dragon, so many people think it's a seahorse!

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:23 am

the dreads are coming along lovely - they hadn't been in long when i met him, i don't think, had they?

* Queen of Tangents*

doclocks
Site Admin

Post by doclocks » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:11 am

This is some basic maintenance. You may recognize Travis from the original dread perm demo and the reperm demo. These were taken last week. I think its been about three years now on these bad boys.

Travis Before:

Travis After:

This is Jen. She is my extreme makeover for the week. We put about 9 hours into this. We stitched, we permed, we bleached. But this is her *forever hair* so its all worth it. :)

Jen Before:
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 19030f.jpg
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 87f724.jpg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... f3dafd.jpg

Jen After:
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... c9691c.jpg
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... ff8a88.jpg
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 8cdb42.jpg

Bleached Tips:
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... eb9ca9.jpg
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/imag ... 01ade8.jpg
Doctored Locks :)
Sophisticated supplies for hair extension architects.
Hair extensions, installation supplies, 300+ free DIY tutorials, classes and installations.

cyberwench

Post by cyberwench » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:22 pm

ScarletLady wrote:the dreads are coming along lovely - they hadn't been in long when i met him, i don't think, had they?
Thanks, I think they were about 5 months old when you came round - God, where does the time go?!

I'm going to be attacking them tonight with my felting needle and latch-hook, so he better not annoy me! :twisted:

NaturalistDesigns

Post by NaturalistDesigns » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:08 pm

cyberwench wrote:
ScarletLady wrote:the dreads are coming along lovely - they hadn't been in long when i met him, i don't think, had they?
Thanks, I think they were about 5 months old when you came round - God, where does the time go?!

I'm going to be attacking them tonight with my felting needle and latch-hook, so he better not annoy me! :twisted:
Haha; that's a way to bribe a guy with dreads "upset me and I'll mess up the dreads" :lol:

Lollipop

Post by Lollipop » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:38 am

cyberwench wrote:

Lucky guy, having you to do that for him!
Formerly Miss_Kitty

Nawtali

Post by Nawtali » Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:42 am

I might aswell throw in some pics of my hair too. ^^
They're about 7 months old now. I used to have some really weird and wild dreads before. They where pretty much naturally dreaded. They looked really good until they started curling themselves into "s". And after awhile my hair where half the lenght it was from the beginning. So my mom helped me comb everything out x'S And then i made new ones at http://babayaga.se/

Huvudkorv on Facebook!
For international likes, updates & pictures! <3

knottyk

Post by knottyk » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:36 pm

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... =856120452
This is just after I had my dreads done my boyfriend spent 2 days doing them
(dont know how to put pics in thread not that good on pc)

x
Gotta love the funk

punicorn

Post by punicorn » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 pm

Oh wow, guys. So far I've only seen very very pretty dreadheads.

Nawtali- Your dreads are beautiful. How were they made? I can't read the site you posted, but they look great.

These are the newest pictures of my dreads. They're almost 8 months old now. I'm sorry they really suck. Hahah. It's so difficult for me to take pictures of my own hair for some reason. And I don't think my dreads photograph very well.. Maybe I need some natural light. I shall go outside and take some pictures later.
They are extremely messy, but I love them :)

Last edited by punicorn on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

punicorn

Post by punicorn » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:43 pm

knottyk wrote:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... =856120452
This is just after I had my dreads done my boyfriend spent 2 days doing them
(dont know how to put pics in thread not that good on pc)

x
When I click on your link, it says "content not found"

Icky-nay

Post by Icky-nay » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:47 am

Pls note that these are NOT my dreads, just dreads I've worked on at some point along the way:
This fellow stopped brushing his hair the summer before I met him at university (appx 2 yrs ago). I helped to form, section and rip quite a few of these bastards (what a job!) to help him go from seven to twenty-six dreads. Sadly, he moved to Victoria and as you can see he's not taken very good care of them since. :(
I made these over a 32-hour, three-day marathon dreading session of backcombing dooom. Her now-ex bribed her to shave them off a few months ago.

Nawtali

Post by Nawtali » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:48 am

Punicorn, your dreads looks so cosy ^^
Uhm, well, my dreads where backcombed really hard and then we added real human hair just to make them a bit longer since my real became so short of all the backcombing. And then they where fixed by crocheting. No chemicals or evil wax.
Huvudkorv on Facebook!
For international likes, updates & pictures! <3

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:44 am

Nawtali wrote:Punicorn, your dreads looks so cosy ^^
Uhm, well, my dreads where backcombed really hard and then we added real human hair just to make them a bit longer since my real became so short of all the backcombing. And then they where fixed by crocheting. No chemicals or evil wax.
i have to say you do look beautiful with dreads... some of the nicest naturals i've seen on a girl :)

* Queen of Tangents*

punicorn

Post by punicorn » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:20 am

Nawtali wrote:Punicorn, your dreads looks so cosy ^^
Thankyou :D They are quite warm on my noggin.

Ooo, that's awesome. They look wonderful. And yeah, I hear you on the no chemicals or wax. I haven't used anything except some natural peppermint soap on mine. I also crocheted mine in the beginning, and sometimes I attempt to crochet a few loose hairs in, but that never works out :P

kaytedies

Post by kaytedies » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:20 pm

Nawtali, you look gorgeous with dreads.

ANNloses

Post by ANNloses » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:00 pm

All these dreads make me want to do the rest of my head so badly. I'm going to have to wait though for a while more :(

Aphrodite

Post by Aphrodite » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:49 pm

These are my dreadlocks, currently over 2 year and 9 months old.

Now:

2 months ago:

Day 1:

synthetic-creature

Post by synthetic-creature » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:55 am

I just dont have the balls to do real dreads...
I love the feeling of brushing my hair after a that 1st shower when you get it cut..

Not to diss reral dreads cause some look raveshing. that is for sure
..::Creature::..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[BoNe jEwElRy By CrEaTuRe ]

°«Belle»°

Post by °«Belle»° » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:45 pm

Everyones real dreads are awesome! I'd would love to have naturals but I would probably end up getting annoyed with them and messing them up. I'd want them to look perfect straight away! :lol: I don't have the patience. So well done to all you guys that do. I shall be forever envious!
'Because I'm way more HARDCORE!'
Mummy to Kodi Michelle Autumn and Erin Rose

Squidgy

Post by Squidgy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:38 am

Cyberwench - I love the pic of ur fella holding the cat.. that is exactly what my cat looks like when you pick her up - pissed off that you have the audasity to try and hold her.. maybe it is something with black cats.. they are just so stuck up, hehe

Wish my fella still had his dreads, they would have been amazing my now!!! :i3:
"I don't follow no religion, bow to the DJ, worship the riddum!!" ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬

dreadheaded

Post by dreadheaded » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi everyone, I was ignorant to this point that there was a section for real dreads so thought I'd put my two pennorth in :) And Punicorn never fear - you look so lovely with your dreads, and in my opinion, they're looking like they're on the right knotty road:) I've had dreads twice in my life now, a concoction of brown and green (don't ask!) between 17 and 20 and now plenty of black dreads for going on 6 years, and I actually quite like the look of forming dreads - some of the loose hair that seems to float about outside them can soften the lines of the dreads around the face and ears. Below are the most up to date pics of my dreads, taken about a year ago. Since then I've extended them with human hair extenders, I've had an undercut, I've made and installed *loads* of varying colours of DEs although I'm back to black alone atm - the undercut removed alot of volume and left them a bit lank to my taste - I'm sure we're all big hair appreciators here :) I removed all the human hair extenders again, I trimmed my hair to remove the overly lumpy ends that long dreads seem to aquire for themselves after a few years, and I think next I might temporarily lengthen them with some synth dread extenders I made next, so the ends match those of the synth dreads in there atm. Ahh the benefits of black hair and being able to graft anything in a short amount of time with decent thread :) Lol and I'm patiently waiting for the undercut to grow a good bit so I can put some more synth dreads in there until the sides are as long as the rest and dread themselves as they grow (I leave my synths in for ages as any loose hair dreads itself as the roots grow longer). And then I shall join the thin lil dreads into bigger, good self sustaining substantial dreads...muahaha my plan is complete....so in the end it's just dawned on me that I'll probably end up with them looking like these piccies LOL! He he he :) Anyways, hope you like the pics, I'll have to get some more as they're a lot longer now! nice to be here!

big hugs

DH

(featuring the darned undercut! I wish I knew why I remind myself of a cross between mortiis and gollem in this pic..I'm sure it's not flattering :))

dreads, bunches and face paint, how can I go wrong :)

Thanks again for reading, love to everyone! x

Return to “Real Dreadlocks”