Shampoo for natural dreads

Kajablomst.

Shampoo for natural dreads

Post by Kajablomst. » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Hi everyone :) just wondering what kind of shampoo you guys with dreads are using?
I do want to try a new shampoo, preferably a lush shampoo bar. And I obviously want one that wont leave stuff in my dreads (residues, conditioning and those little twigs some lush stuff have in them)
If anyone have other shampoo tips, please let me hear them.. :)

Thanks cuties.. :)

Goffy_lucc

Re: Shampoo for natural dreads

Post by Goffy_lucc » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:46 pm

YAY Lush is amazing. I swear by lush for my dreads. I've used Seanik (which is blue with sea salt and other yummyness, really good for helping your dreads knot up etc), Squeaky Green (Which is obviously green with a natural, herby smells and is the best I've found so far for getting them really clean, they do leave little leafy bits in your hair though, but they're easy to get out :P) and the peppermint one (which was in the retro section but doesn't seem to be listed there anymore, I stocked up on a few last month. This one makes your dreads smell SO yummy and fresh, and are the best for softening them up if they get too hard, leaves nothing in your hair either) I've found all the lush shampoos don't leave a residue and smell great too, they're so easy to use and last for absolutely ages.

:D
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:08 am

I use Lush shampoo bars on mine, always have. As long as you rinse thoroughly, they should be no problem, and that goes for any shampoo you might use anyway.

Most folk seem to go for Squeaky Green but my favourite is New which is the pink cinnamon one. It really makes my scaplp feel refreshed and it smells amazing.
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:07 pm

^ I was wanting to try that one, and now that you said it's great, I have an excuse to buy it :p
Thanks Gracey :D
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

Kajablomst.

Post by Kajablomst. » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:45 pm

YAY. I bought New. Love it :D Smells like cake og something.

RagingRootsAmy

Post by RagingRootsAmy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:32 pm

I have a list of shampoos I like and recommend to folks on my site here: http://www.ragingrootsstudio.com/washing.htm#shampoo <3

Return to “Real Dreadlocks”