Hi-Octane/Nuke Red to Virgin Rose...

LizSherman

Hi-Octane/Nuke Red to Virgin Rose...

Post by LizSherman » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:00 pm

Right, I've decided I really don't want to use another chemical colour/process on the lengths of my hair, so in that vein, here's my question...

I currently have SFX Nuclear Red hair, this is over the top of Hi-Octane orange (only had one wash, I didn't like how it faded. I'd dyed it over a light blue and while it went a gorgeous red at first, the orange it faded to had some blue patches, because there hadn't really been enough in the bottle to stretch properly!).
So, I'd imagine, my hair will fade out to either a light red, or an orange. What do you think would happen if I used Virgin Rose on the top of that? I know pink + orange = red, but I felt the purple tones would make that a little different... I want it to be as pink as possible.

Opinions/Experiences?

IKickShins

Re: Hi-Octane/Nuke Red to Virgin Rose...

Post by IKickShins » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:16 pm

The color in the middle is Virgin Rose over orange. The color directly above it (and second from the top) is the shade of orange it's dyed over:

It ended up being sort of a plum color. Not very pink, but it didn't show up muddy or anything bad.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Return to “Styling and Color”