Bleaching roots: how long does it take you? &questions...

AuroraStarship

Bleaching roots: how long does it take you? &questions...

Post by AuroraStarship » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:30 am

Hey! I've got a couple of root bleaching questions for you guys, maybe you have the answers? I'm currently maintaining my purple hair and only bleaching roots every couple of months, then dying over the whole thing.

I timed myself bleaching my roots today and it took me almost 20 minutes from when I started at the back to when I finished at the top, and that was with me pre-sectioning it ahead of time! How long does it take you guys? I was worried about the head developing unevenly, so I blasted the parts that I bleached last with the hair dryer.. a lot. I stuck one of those plastic caps over just that portion that I bleached last when I blasted it with heat. It came out pretty even in the end.

But... when I put the bag over it, parts of the hair that I didn't want bleached were touching the bleach and they started to lighten up too. Without the cap the bleach gets all dried out, so it seems like I need it there. Do you guys have a solution for this? I'm worried that other parts of my hair will become damaged over time by accidentally getting involved in the bleach when I stick that cap on.

Thanks!
:)

xdnyhair

Re: Bleaching roots: how long does it take you? &questions.

Post by xdnyhair » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:41 pm

Wow, lucky!!! That's super fast! What volume do you use? When I get my roots done at the salon it takes me like up to an hour... I'm about to get mine done today actually.

Hmmm... How long is your hair? I guess if your hair is long enough, what you could do to keep the ends from touching the bleach on your roots is using clips or rubber bands in a clever way. Maybe take some free time to experiment with what might work. You could try twisting the hair into a small bun with the ends pointing up and away from the bleach. It'll probably take some creative sectioning, but I bet you'll be able to accomplish a lot this way!

UrbanHairDesigns

Re: Bleaching roots: how long does it take you? &questions.

Post by UrbanHairDesigns » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:17 pm

It is probably because of the volume. I personally like to use 5 or 10 volume when working with bleach. Also you could try the Larger View Kaleidocolors Tonal Powder Lightener. You can get it at Sally's
http://www.sallybeauty.com/Clairol-Kale ... lt,pd.html
http://www.ModernSophistication.com
Tailor made hair additions

Return to “Styling and Color”