Jerome Russel Cream Peroxide 40 Vol..

Jeli

Jerome Russel Cream Peroxide 40 Vol..

Post by Jeli » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:21 pm

I've been browsing the site for an answer but cant seem to find the answer Im looking for! Please re-direct me if all of this has been discussed with more that one opinion..

I keep seeing this stuff in boots and as Im planning on going blonde soon, keep wanting it!
However, on the bottle it says

"This product should only be used with Jerome Russell Powder Bleach or Highlighting Kit"

But I never see the powder bleach sold seperatly? Or do I add it to a blaching kit that they sell?

I was planning on just using the bleaching kit they do anyway, but is this stuff a higher percentage of peroxide? i.e will it bleach my hair blonder?

Also - about bleach baths. To my understanding it's conditioner mixed with powder bleach, but again where do you get powder bleach?

Also - nearly done! What is the best toner to use to get out the orange? and for the best price too..

Help! :i10:

Jeli

Re: Jerome Russel Cream Peroxide 40 Vol..

Post by Jeli » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 pm

There's no need to be rude. I have used the search function as much as I can before resorting to this post. It takes more effort to make a post than to search for what I'm looking for, and I didnt find what I was looking for.
I've actually heard nothing bad about Jerome Russel bleach, everyone says it's the best one, after searching around the site for the past few weeks. Thanks for the heads up on Belle Pre Lightener though.
Most posts by people are vague .
I also did state that if I'd missed a post about something I was asking about in particular, to please direct me to that post, as I couldn't find it, not just slate me for not using the search function, that's no use to anybody.

halocaustic

Post by halocaustic » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:45 pm

To be fair, Madii's reply wasn't rude. It was firm, yes....but I wouldn't consider it rude.
She makes a valid point. Searching for answers before posting helps keep the board tidier and easier to navigate because it keeps a lot of similar discussion in a couple of existing threads. There is nothing to stop you posting in one of those existing threads with your questions.

The questions you asked have been covered numerous times before, Madii wasn't exaggerated just to annoy you ;)

Searching merely for 'bleach bath' actually gives you a lot of information on both bleach baths and getting rid of orange tones, all in one search:

search.php

EDIT: It won't let me post the search results for some reason but if you put bleach bath into the box, you'll get a lot of info :)
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

Jeli

Post by Jeli » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:55 pm

I have done! I've not been lazy and not looked through them. I just didn't find them helpful to me and was still confused.
My main question was about the Jerome Russel cream anyway. I still dont understand why there is no powder.
Madii says I may have overlooked it or they dont have it in stock..Im assuming they do sell one then.. but I've honestly NEVER seen it :/

halocaustic

Post by halocaustic » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:59 pm

I suppose it depends on how big your local Boots is. Even some of the city ones don't carry a lot of products you would expect them to. When I lived in Dundee I was astounded by how crap a selection of products there were, especially hair dyes etc.
I don't use bleach so I'm not sure if Superdrug would carry it? Worth a try!
http://www.halo-wear.co.uk
Hair extensions & customised t-shirts

Vicsarina

Post by Vicsarina » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:59 pm

This is what you are looking for. Boots does sell it, I buy it all the time. Maybe yours has just run out.

Edit: I buy mine from a shop which you can barely turn around in it is so small, so I think it should be in most.
*Rule Obsessor*

Jeli

Post by Jeli » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Wow I see! thank you! my Boots is officially awful..

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Sometimes all the boxes look the same. It could be a bleach kit, or a few packs of the powders in one box. Either that, or they really don't have it! Superdrug definitely have it. That's where I used to get it. You can choose which one you want, 40vol or 30.

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:24 am

I buy the powder separately all the time so it may be worth looking elsewhere
scarlet's taking over the asylum aka ladypanel

* Queen of Tangents*

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:15 pm

I think you're better off just forgetting JR and going to http://www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk and buying yourself:

This in 30vol to go with this bleach powder.

Oh, and the reason I say 30vol is cuz 40vol is pretty heavy going on the scalp and I don't recommend you use it. You haven't specified whether you with to use it on coloured or virgin hair either, but I'd still recommend 30vol over 40vol. If you have virgin hair a bleach bath won't get you anywhere unless your hair is naturally light.

mrshennejoyner

Post by mrshennejoyner » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:33 pm

Lorny wrote:I think you're better off just forgetting JR and going to http://www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk and buying yourself:

Oh, and the reason I say 30vol is cuz 40vol is pretty heavy going on the scalp and I don't recommend you use it. You haven't specified whether you with to use it on coloured or virgin hair either, but I'd still recommend 30vol over 40vol. If you have virgin hair a bleach bath won't get you anywhere unless your hair is naturally light.
40 volume can be some craaaazy stuff to deal with. Especially on anything other than virgin hair. OP I would also like to know the condition and history of your hair. You asked whether 40 vol would get it blonder, but that isn't the only factor involved and I don't want you to do something that you will regret. You know, like melt your hair off... (o_O)

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:56 am

I use 40 vol but only on my regrowth...and my hair is pretty resilient...I hadn't done anything to it at all before I started bleaching it platinum.

* Queen of Tangents*

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:23 am

Lorny wrote:I think you're better off just forgetting JR and going to http://www.capitalhairandbeauty.co.uk and buying yourself:

The link just goes to the site and not the products! Shame, because I was interested too! :?

Lorny

Post by Lorny » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:03 pm

ShadowThrone wrote:

The link just goes to the site and not the products! Shame, because I was interested too! :?
Oh balls, it did it for me yesterday when I double checked it!

Well on the peroxide and developers page it is the first one at the top, which costs 2 quid plus VAT, and then there is the "Avec Ultra Lift Dust Free Powder Bleach 500g" for 5.20 plus VAT, which is about 6 or 7 down the bleaches page. It comes in a red and cream box so you'll recognise it. That bleach is only for high lifting though, so it is only effective when you use 30 or 40vol. Like I said though, 30vol is fine, it just takes longer than 40vol. My hair is pretty dark, and 40vol only lifts to lemon peel yellow before my head starts killing, so I use 30vol instead and use heat to speed it up.

ShadowThrone

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:07 pm

Thinking about tackling my own roots...could use a good product.

Jeli

Post by Jeli » Sat May 01, 2010 10:22 am

Thanks for all the advice girls. My hair has multiple layers of dye and bleach on my hair and is black at the moment. I was considering using 40 vol so glad you've warned me!
I've only even bleached it before dying it another colour before - red, purple etc, and I was never too arsed about it being orange and patchy before.

Mal

Post by Mal » Thu May 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Good luck with your hair, I hope you don't fry it like I did >< I was patchy black/dark brown, and I lost a few inches! Nothing to cry about though ^^
I used the Schwarzkof (sp?) Blonde Toner and it works well, I just mixed with some conditioner when I used it in the shower, but the first time I just used it mixed with some water...it helped ^^

leviclementine

Post by leviclementine » Wed May 12, 2010 4:10 am

I used the Jerome Russel 40 vol and fried my hair and turned it yellow and orange :((
I rescued it with a deep conditioning shampoo then I used Fudge Paintbox in Whiter Shade of Pale, and Wella Lifetex Color Reflex shampoo (I used the silver one)
They were the most amazing toners I've ever used and turned my yellow hair a shiny white blonde :D
I think the Fudge toner is about £10 and the Wella Shampoo is £8
I got them both from Supercuts in the Manchester Arndale :D
Hope this helped ;)

ScarletLady

Post by ScarletLady » Wed May 12, 2010 7:56 am

Superdrug's toner is only 97p and I think you'd be hard pushed to find a better one - especially for the money ;)

* Queen of Tangents*

Return to “Styling and Color”