Good Hair Day ^picspam!

Make-up, Outfits etc.
Forum rules
Any show offs - not hair related - go here!

1) You must keep posts PG13.
2) If your pics are likely to be considered a little 'saucy' (sexy / suggestive shots are fine- so long as they are arty!) put NOT WORK SAFE/ NWS in your title.
3) When replying to a post, remember this is NOT the critique section.
4) Comments like " I love your eyes/ my god you are hot" are not helpful! Include them but please comment on the item/s being shown off too!
5) This Show Off section is only for showing off non hair related products, not making sales. Please make no references to eBay, A and P, or any kind of sales. You may offer the same item for sale in A and P, but no cross linking between A and P and Show Off. Show Off should be a place to comment and encourage each other; we don't want Show Off to become a billboard for sellers.
Zombie_Medusa

Re: Good Hair Day ^picspam!

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:56 am

Sorry about the pict overload xD

My natural hair color, love this one b/c my hair was so shiny that day. Ion products ftw.
Ive gotten into the habbit of not taking care of my hair anymore, scence i really dont feel a reason to so i never brush it and it normally looks horrible these days. But today it looked great ^-^

My hair is naturally strait but it was halfway wet when i took this and it was all wavy and pretteh ^-^

Scene chick era

I just made purple extension thingys. Looked pretty good.

After a tad of bleaching and dying, i got it a pretty brown color. This was in 2008 or 2009 i believe.

And then i got a haircut that made me look like a man. Thank geezus it finnally grew out<6

I also had it a purply/silverish wite color

I look like absolute crap but my hair looks great :D

I also had solid white hair. white white. It didnt last long though. It made me look increadably dark. Also. This was fright night{football game before halloween where all the band members dress up in halloween costumes and march there preformance} so that explains the weirdness off it. LOL dont ask what my costume was, i just threw random stuff i had together plus my rave wings xD And yes, i play Tennor Sax. Your jealous.
Even if we dont have the same beliefs/ideas, I will respect you. I will offer you common decency. You don't have to impress me, because I'm not here to impress you

Zombie_Medusa

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 am

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Mmmm, have to disagree. PLUS Madi's hair is blue, not purple ;)
Well it looks purple to me, but my color balance on my screen is probably messed up. I wouldnt doubt it anyway. Everything is messed up with this thing Dx
Even if we dont have the same beliefs/ideas, I will respect you. I will offer you common decency. You don't have to impress me, because I'm not here to impress you

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:09 am

Yeah, mine is a similar shade to Madi's & I hate people saying it's purple - drives me insane. BUT the dye has a purple base so I suppose. hmm. still, not purple. BLOOOOOOOOOUE!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

Goffy_lucc

Post by Goffy_lucc » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 am

I could be here all day but I'll pick a few, most of these have come from chopping random bits off my hair

Orange:

Red (I LOOVE RED)
Mohawk (my favourite)
Long
Longer hawk

Pink
~Louie <3
Facebook | Tumblr

Find funky hair and jewels at~
Etsy | Facebook

Monique_marion_may

Post by Monique_marion_may » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:53 am

Lou, yous sexy.
I HATE when people call my hair pink. ITS FUCKIGN RED YOU NUMPTY!!!

AppleBisque

Post by AppleBisque » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:59 am

Goffy_lucc wrote:
you look gorgeous in this shot :)

DreadstarMonstar wrote:Mmmm, have to disagree. PLUS Madi's hair is blue, not purple ;)
hmmm looks pretty purple in those shots ;)
not arguing colour semantics, just saying that the lighting must be making it look purple
Either way, it's some pretty sweet hair :!:
Pixel and Vector Artist - Synthetic Dread Appreciator

Zombie_Medusa

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 am

I absolutly love the mohawk

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:21 pm

Haha, I just went onto my old myspace I haven't touched in over a year and dug up some photos. Alright so this is more of a hair history but I don't think it warrants its own thread.. and besides, I loved all my hair so it counts! This is by no means ALL the hair colors I have ever had, either. I've had pink, purple, yellow... you name it, I've probably had it :lol: Also, it has to be said that the examples you are about to see may not be the 'best' in technicaly terms, the colors weren't even, the cut was choppy, the ends were fried, and my roots were awful! BUT, that was my style then, and even though I may not dress the same, I still like it :) AND HEY, go easy, some of these are definite candidates for the embarassing photos thread! :lol:

ok, so this gem was when I was probably 14, when I got my mohawk. I went straight from brown, shoulder length hair to BAM! This! :lol: My friend cut and colored it, as you can probably tell ;) I wish I could still wear all that metal but I'm actually allgergic to it now :c

and this one... looks nothing like me. I look like a scary dude. But damn I love the hair in this picture!

and this was when I went and bleached my hair only to realise I had run out of dye, so I was blonde for a week. I also didn't protect my skin until the past 2 years, I look so different with color in all of these!

and this was right before I went to see Rancid for the second time. This was 'my' color, I had it for over 2 years straight, and people would refer to me as "that chick with blue hair"

another example

And when I was letting it fade because I was thinking about getting a new color, weird blue/gold/silver/fried :lol:

and the last color I had it before I dyed everything black with red bangs, I really liked this

and finally, current hair!

"Distant beavers sound the alarm"

"Its not stylish if you look witty."

AppleBisque

Post by AppleBisque » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:38 pm

you've had some pretty funky hair styles pox :D
my favorite is definitely your current style though. The red bangs really suit you :)

I've actually just given myself bangs for the first time in YEARS..and I did it myself. I've never taken scissors to my hair before this so it's not perfect and could do with some touching up by someone that knows what their doing, but I'm happy with the change :)

I went from..

and then to..

it was a bit scary taking scissors to my own hair and cutting off so much in one go :x

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:41 pm

*o* LOVE THEM! I can't cut my own if my life depended on it, I tried once and it kept getting shorter, and shorter, and shorter.... because I was trying to even it out and just couldn't. I had to stop and leave them be before they started sticking straight out :lol: I think you look queally good with and without them, too, which is really furtunate. If I don't have some kind of hair in my face all you see is forehead. As like to call it, my fivehead. Or maybe even six. :lol:

AppleBisque

Post by AppleBisque » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:46 pm

I had to stop myself from cutting off more and more too. I purposefully cut them longer than i wanted the end result to be when I made the first few cuts so I wouldn't end up shearing them off completely through pure frustration with the lack of STRAIGHT haha. I probably spent half an hour staring in the mirror through my hair before I actually made the first cut :lol:

and thank you! I've often thought i have a large forehead myself, so it's good to know that maybe its not so noticeable to other people sometimes :oops: :lol:

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:52 pm

:lol: I remember getting my hair all cut off for the first time, it was the same thing. I had my hair into two ponytails and my friend was like "alright, you sure?" and I had to scrunch up my eyes when she cut them off. But I feel like once you do something drastic like that, it never bothers you again. When someone cuts my bangs horrible, I just go "eh it gros back fast enough." :lol:

sometimes my forehead doesn't seem that bad to me, but then again, people have told me I have a horse face and asked "why the long face?" and things like that so I guess mines a bot more noticeable than yours :lol:

kittyno84

Post by kittyno84 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Pox, I really like the 3rd from the bottom photo! The outfit, makeup and red fishnet sleeves and hair is all awesome.

AppleBisque

Post by AppleBisque » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:07 pm

poxabomination wrote::lol: I remember getting my hair all cut off for the first time, it was the same thing. I had my hair into two ponytails and my friend was like "alright, you sure?" and I had to scrunch up my eyes when she cut them off. But I feel like once you do something drastic like that, it never bothers you again. When someone cuts my bangs horrible, I just go "eh it gros back fast enough." :lol:

sometimes my forehead doesn't seem that bad to me, but then again, people have told me I have a horse face and asked "why the long face?" and things like that so I guess mines a bot more noticeable than yours :lol:
lol! Actually I have a 'long' face as well, my chin is much larger than many other girls chins than i know, but i guess that helps balance out what i feel is a large forehead :lol:

and I think the most drastic thing i've done to my hair regarding length was going from past my shoulders black hair to this some years ago ->

I had black hair for years and years ..usually in some sort of long a-line and then chopped most of it off and bleached the crap out of it. I think i sat through 3 bleach sessions in a single day to go from black to that blonde. I've never been scared to do drastic things to my hair though, I just hate most salons here. I havnt found a stylist in years that will do what i want them to :/

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:17 pm

Thanks kitty ^-^

And I really love that cut! I had the same problem with stylists too, with the "oh honey that wouldn't suit your face let me do something else I'm sure you'll love it." No, listen here, you WILL cut my fringe shorter and you WILL do it without complaints because thats what I'm paying you for. No, you will not add your own "touch" to it, no you will NOT friggin feather it out into a poof! :lol: I literally had someone making faces at me because they 'didn't like how it looked on me, but whatever floats your boat I guess.' :evil: I've gone through 3 or 4 salons like that and never went again. I found this one place called Mindy's, and she was the first one who cut it exactly how I asked. Then my mom said I should go to her place because she thinks her stylist would like me, and she was fantastic! Shes the one who did my bangs, cut and color, in that last pic and its the best they've ever been.

You won't find a salon you like if you don't look for one! And you have to be confident. I'm a huge pushover and let people do whatever they want, but I finally just started going "I know what I want, please do it how I describe and how the picture shows, regardless of whether you think it would suit me or not, I know you're a professional and you know what would look best, but this is what I want."

AppleBisque

Post by AppleBisque » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:28 pm

I had a really bad experience the last time i went to a salon. I know I have to keep looking though!

The last time I went..my mother recommended the place and person to me and i had the exact opposite experience you did. My mother swears by this woman, but she was a BITCH. I mean I've had people nicely try to persuade me to not do what i'm asking for, but she was making faces and saying rude things to her coworkers about me and what I was asking for. She even purposefully left mistakes behind from a previous bleach job that SHE pointed out and made note of saying that *she* wouldnt have done such a bad job. She was bleaching my roots but didnt bother fixing the thing she decided to complain about that was -right there- and could have easily been fixed had she bothered. what really got me though was just the fact that she was gossiping about me to one of the other stylists like she thought i couldnt hear them. I felt ill the entire time i was there. She certainly didnt get a tip, and I bad mouth the place to anyone i can now b/c of my experience :/

The only stylist i've had and loved was the woman who did my hair in that last pic of me up there. I brought in a drawing of all things, not even a photo and she was PUMPED to do it for me. She loved the idea and was excited to see me anytime i came in to have things touched up. Unfortunately she moved to another salon and I cant remember the name of it anymore! lol!

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:33 pm

wow, thats horrible! I'd be pretty upset with my mom as well, haha >.< I've had someone make faces and tell me how much she didn't like it but it wasn't anything that extreme. Of course when I looked in the mirror I didn't like it either; no wonder, she did an awful job :roll:

I almost want to go into school for hair and makeup and open or work in a sweet edgy salon just for that reason, but theres definitely no business for that where I live :roll:

foximusprime

Post by foximusprime » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:03 pm

Me and my ever changing hair colour and styles!!! I've been everything from brown, blonde, blue, red, black, orange....

My current haircut (my roots need to be dyed asap before my festival dreads can be installed)
blah blah blah

MrsEss

Post by MrsEss » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:01 pm

Luff Madi:
DreadstarMonstar wrote:Yeah, mine is a similar shade to Madi's & I hate people saying it's purple - drives me insane. BUT the dye has a purple base so I suppose. hmm. still, not purple. BLOOOOOOOOOUE!
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

patricia*star

Post by patricia*star » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:59 pm

:lol:
The show must go on. Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking but my smile still stays on.

Zombie_Medusa

Post by Zombie_Medusa » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:13 am

Madii wrote:I am going to skullfuck you.

I'll pass on that offer, thanks though :lol:

Rhaeniel

Post by Rhaeniel » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Not that there's anything WRONG with purple hair! AHEM!
http://hairextensionsforum.com/viewtopi ... 92&t=14004 <Midlands Summer Meet 2011, photos now up.

AppleBisque

Post by AppleBisque » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:20 am

Rhaeniel wrote:Not that there's anything WRONG with purple hair! AHEM!
my thoughts exactly haha :)

I personally prefer purple to blue

to each their own :lol:

poxabomination

Post by poxabomination » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:10 pm

BLUE FTW.

Oh, and AppleBisque, I'm sure you'll find it interesting when I tell you my mom got a letter from our hairdresser telling us she moved. :roll: Only a few towns away so I think we'll be following, but goddamnit I must have jynxed myself!

AppleBisque

Post by AppleBisque » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:49 pm

poxabomination wrote:BLUE FTW.

Oh, and AppleBisque, I'm sure you'll find it interesting when I tell you my mom got a letter from our hairdresser telling us she moved. :roll: Only a few towns away so I think we'll be following, but goddamnit I must have jynxed myself!
ugh! that's gotta suck. I hope she's still within feasible driving distance for a hair cut haha!

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”