Second try at synthetics (Pic Heavy)

Critical observations about your technique for installations, wear or use.
Forum rules
1. Stay on topic. Be specific and to the point.
2. Be polite. Flaming and personal attacks may result in a ban.
BeastThumper

Second try at synthetics (Pic Heavy)

Post by BeastThumper » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:12 am

Hey all! First things first, I'm a noob :3 This is my second try, I have made a set of 30 DEs before in brown and purple but I don't have them with me, once I get home I'll post. Anyway!
So I'm making a set for me in black, red, blonde, neon green, pink blends, and some blue (Odd combo?). I went crazy at the hair store! I'd like to get some critique on how they're looking. I'm going for chunky, kinda messy look.. But I fear it's just looking like sloppy work D:
The only sealing method I have is the tea kettle thing. It works but it doesn't do a good job on chunkies apparently. They look loose :O

Two red chunkies, pretty long
This one has a blonde splash..I guess?

Transitionals :D (super crappy)

Short black

And! Some experimentals.. It's a DE with a SE loop! It's intended to give the same volume a DE would but with the simple SE installation (because it was a pain in the ass for me trying to get the DEs in my first install to not slip down) We'll see if they're successful.

and some regular SEs in black

Sorry for the pic quality, camera has no flash.
Whaddaya think?
For lack of a better word, Squack.

MrsEss

Re: Second try at synthetics (Pic Heavy)

Post by MrsEss » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:07 am

More backcombing, practise, patience.
*~*~*~*~*Saaaaaaspie-doo-be-doo-bedooooo is awwwwweeesoooooome*~*~*~*~*-ScarletLady

Socially awkward since 1982
Decimation Fashion
Tumblr
Formerly known as DreadstarMonstar

dreadviolet

Post by dreadviolet » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:03 am

Same as above. You need to backcomb much, much more. It also seems that you've backcombed mostly the beginning of the dread, you might want to consider backcombing the dread at it's whole lenght to get more even result.

It might be a good idea to stick into solids until they are decent, and try transitionals only after that. Keep on practicing, you will get there!
Fake your hair - http://dreadviolet.com/
Dreadviolet Hair Creations & material supplies -
Dreadviolet Livejournal
Dreadviolet @ Facebook
Dreadviolet @ Google+

BeastThumper

Post by BeastThumper » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:09 pm

dreadviolet wrote:Same as above. You need to backcomb much, much more. It also seems that you've backcombed mostly the beginning of the dread, you might want to consider backcombing the dread at it's whole lenght to get more even result.

It might be a good idea to stick into solids until they are decent, and try transitionals only after that. Keep on practicing, you will get there!

Thanks for the input :) Honestly, I think I'm sealing them wrong because my first set eeever actually looked pretty neat and I backcombed them just as much (15 intense minutes on each?) These look pretty wiggly and odd.. I will just do solids for now before I screw anything else up :i6:
For lack of a better word, Squack.

Return to “Hair Critique”