Dreadfalls on a bun

MizzToxicNeedles

Dreadfalls on a bun

Post by MizzToxicNeedles » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:27 pm

:? I'm not sure I put this in the right place but Has anyone ever made a dreadfall using one of those clipin hair bun things as a base with out using lace or hair elastics? I'm talking about dreading the synth hair to the hair on the bun and then make extra dreads to sew on to it and make it look really full and fluffy so that it won't look like the bun is the base of the fall at all and I can just slip it over my bun and secure it. I'm planning on making one using that because everytime I try to do it the regular way my bun is never covered (even when I put a good count of dreads on the lace and layer it )and it gets way to heavy .With the bun extention I won't have to worry about that hopefully, I'm experimenting with it today. :?
NurseNeedles
[]---{'''''''}{'''''}-->

IKickShins

Re: Dreadfalls on a bun

Post by IKickShins » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:17 pm

I've never done it, but I imagine it'd be similar to making a wig (i.e. sewing or threading kk through the bun cover to make the base).

There used to be a company that sold dread falls made on drawstring bun covers and they had excellent coverage. I don't think they're in business anymore, though, so alas, no pictures.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

Nenedhel

Post by Nenedhel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Ah would work, thats a good idea though, may have to try it at some point when I have finished the wig I'm working on
Midnight Orchid - custom dreads and hairpieces, corsets, accessories and clothing
Folksy
Etsy
Custom corsets for only material costs? Its true, just message me for details/ order... only on HEF, you know you want one

rivetlicker_

Post by rivetlicker_ » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Are you talking about Super Star Dreads? I just remember they were shockingly overpriced.

IKickShins

Post by IKickShins » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:31 pm

rivetlicker_ wrote:Are you talking about Super Star Dreads? I just remember they were shockingly overpriced.
Yeah. They were expensive and the actual dreads weren't anything special, but they were mounted really nicely.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

MizzToxicNeedles

Post by MizzToxicNeedles » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:37 pm

i hope it does im really looking forward to how it will turn out :i2:
NurseNeedles
[]---{'''''''}{'''''}-->

Katedra-Obscura

Post by Katedra-Obscura » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:10 am

I've done it tons of times! I've got some coming soon on my website, it's pretty easy I'm now making my bun covers from scratch now though to max on colour options I have an old pic here.. sorry for the size and quality

and

if you need any advice mail me!
Lakisha
Implexus Hair Modification : http://www.implexus.co.uk
Morbid * Nostri * Obscura * Nocti * Esoteric
Now on Tumblr http://occultobscura.tumblr.com/

MizzToxicNeedles

Post by MizzToxicNeedles » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:37 pm

that looks really good i cant wait to start on mine im saving up money to get the hair
NurseNeedles
[]---{'''''''}{'''''}-->

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”