Headbands..

Aricyn

Headbands..

Post by Aricyn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:16 am

i usually wear dreadbands with my roving falls but for the synth ones i thought id try a plain black band like ive seen alot of people do (to hide the hair line) and it just slips back off my head if i have it back abit to leave out my fringe/bangs :S.. do i have a weird fat head or something?? haha.. is there certain types that work best..?

p.s sorry if this is in the wrong place
<3

VixenSingsBlack

Re: Headbands..

Post by VixenSingsBlack » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:17 am

I moved this to Wigs and Pieces seeing as how a headband is more of a "piece."

What kind of headband do you have it on? I personally have no luck keeping stretch pre-made headbands on my head, even when they don't have anything attached to them. I have excellent luck with keeping plain, simple cotton headbands tied at the back on my head. I believe the cotton works better for 2 reasons: 1 the cotton is woven and has a bit of roughness allowing it to grip to your hair 2 you can tie it at the back as tight as you need.

Of course sewing some large wig clips to the underside of the headband will help keep everything in place; also, bobby pins could help as well.

Aricyn

Post by Aricyn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:04 am

oh the fall isnt on a head band its on stretch lace and i'm tying it around a bun but trying to get a black stretch cotton headband to stay on my head to hide the gap between the fall and my fringe but yeah just does not stay! maybe i could try putting clips on it bobby pins haven't worked so far :(!
<3

LittlePinkFaery

Post by LittlePinkFaery » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:29 am

Try black opaque tights- they are grippy and streatchy! I always use them- you can pull them to make it wider and either tie them in a knot at the back or sew them- these never slipped for me. I also make dread bands with tights (where I dew dreads onto the band to get a more complete look).

convenientlust

Post by convenientlust » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:20 pm

littlepinkfaery wrote:Try black opaque tights- they are grippy and streatchy! I always use them- you can pull them to make it wider and either tie them in a knot at the back or sew them- these never slipped for me. I also make dread bands with tights (where I dew dreads onto the band to get a more complete look).
Good idea ^.^

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”