Keep Curls on Wig Looking Nice?

BloodHoney

Keep Curls on Wig Looking Nice?

Post by BloodHoney » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:34 am

I have a lovely curly wig from Professional Only that I love, but after wearing it a few times, the curls are looking like I ran a brush through them (admittedly, I was constantly playing with the hair, so it's my treatment of them that make them look like that, not the quality of the wig). The only way I can think of reviving the curls is by putting them in rollers and steaming them. Is this the only way? I'm just curious if anyone has a tip or trick.
Website? Yup, I have one of those! www.bloodhoney.net

IKickShins

Re: Keep Curls on Wig Looking Nice?

Post by IKickShins » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:16 pm

If the curls are tight ringlets, then I'd recommend going with the rollers and steam. If they're looser and more natural looking, you can try wrapping them around something bigger like a soda can.
I Kick Shins - Now stocking olive green, pistachio, & neon purple kk jumbo braid!
IKS @ Etsy - Clip-in streaks & top hats galore!
Facebook - You know the drill ;)

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:54 am

I'm sure someone said to me to use whatever it is you put on latex to keep it shiny... Sorry that isn't much help!
telling it like it is!

Candied_Angel

Post by Candied_Angel » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Are the curls throughout the wig or is it just curly on the bottom?
If the wig is just made of curls then you'll probably have to seperate each curl, wrap it around a roller and steam it that way.
If there are only curls on the bottom, aka it's relatively straight until the ends of the hair, then I suggest not using curlers and rolling them up like pin curls and bobby pinning them to the wig then steaming them. If that makes any sense.
Either way if you steam them, let them cool AND dry before you unpin/unroll them. Your wig could get frizzy and you'll lose some of the body of the curl if you don't.
Striving for social imperfection since 1990.

Return to “Wigs & Pieces”