Replacement Tape and Install Methods

Forum rules
Please can all new members add to the ONE thread- DO NOT make your own thread.

DO not promote or sell
NO chatter at all
Kismet33

Replacement Tape and Install Methods

Post by Kismet33 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:45 pm

Hi all. I am new and I hope this is the right place and way to ask my questions. I have searched but didn’t find the information i am looking for. I am a professionally licensed hair dresser but I don’t do extensions at my salon. I personally have very fine hair that is thinner than I would like. I have purchased some good quality remi tape in extensions but I have two questions that I can not seem to find answers to. One is about the tape. There are so many brands and types of replacement tape I can’t decide which I should go with. My extensions came pre taped but during the color matching process they got a bit wet so I think I should replace them before I install them. The reviews vary so widely it is very hard to decide which tape to go with. I have also seen people use tape plus a glue to make the extensions really secure. What brand do you recommend? I plan to put in just a few pieces around my head to add thickness and volume. My second question is about the sandwich method versus the single sided tape method. I have read that using a single sided tape with one piece of hair puts much less weight on the attached hair and can be good for fine hair types. Again the reviews and opinions are so all over the place it’s hard to decide. I realize I will learn as I go what works for me and what doesn’t but I would like to lessen my chances of a disaster if I can. Showing up to work as a hair dresser with destroyed hair doesn’t exactly inspire confidence! Thank you all I am so excited to find this forum it is a wealth of knowledge! Have a great day!

NirvanaMarie

Re: Replacement Tape and Install Methods

Post by NirvanaMarie » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:05 pm

Doctored Locks makes some amazing replacement tabs. No extra glue needed!
https://www.doctoredlocks.com/hair-exte ... -tabs.html

I would suggest using the sandwich method for installation so they are nice and secure. I have really fine hair too and had no issues with weight. Just watch that your sections are not too thin.

Kismet33

Re: Replacement Tape and Install Methods

Post by Kismet33 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:56 pm

Thank you! I will check out the Dr 😊

Return to “New to the Hair extentions forum...”