Pics from my New Orleans trip (picspam)

starlotus

Pics from my New Orleans trip (picspam)

Post by starlotus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:05 am

Wanted to share these because I'm still so excited that I actually went somewhere. This was kind of a big deal for me - I've never been on a real vacation in my whole life, it was the first time I'd been anywhere requiring me to get on an airplane in nearly 14 years (seriously, I never go ANYWHERE), and it was the first time I'd seen my friend Matt, who is totally my soulmate in over 4 years. Not to mention it was mad fun. New Orleans is crazy; I wouldn't want to live there, but I had a heck of a week.

I took way more pics than this, but these are just my faves to cut down on the spammage:

Random street music that cropped up while we were walking to dinner one night:

Me and Matt! I look horrible in this pic (omg, so drunk) but whatever:

Some guy on Bourbon St. was holding this sign and I thought it was funny so he thought I should hold it and have my pic taken. I was so toasted I spilled my margarita in the process but at least the pic was good:

Matt's friend who probably had one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard; singing at some dive bar near his apartment:

I just think this is a cool pic. Taken while walking around drinking (that's pretty much all we did - wandered around the French Quarter and drank):

Trees that look like pineapples!:

This pic is just sitting around at his apartment, but I think I look hot in it, lol:

Mmmm...breakfast! (breakfast every day was either bloody marys or mango margaritas from this place called the Organic Banana - soooooo delicious):

That's it! The trip was friggin' awesome, and Matt and I definitely reconnected and he might even be moving up back North once I find a new apartment so we can be closer to one another and we talk almost every day now on the phone. I think the feelings between us 10 years ago never really went away and there's definitely some sparks flying now...not sure what to think about that but life sure is getting interesting and I had an awesome vacation, yay :)

brandalynn

Re: Pics from my New Orleans trip (picspam)

Post by brandalynn » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:46 am

I love the pineapple trees! Makes me miss Arizona a bit.....looks like you had a great time!
"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes" --- bumper sticker---

Intra_venus

Post by Intra_venus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:46 am

Ooh, I'd love to go there one day! Is it the kinda place you could go on holiday if you weren't there with a friend? Like, just wander about and find stuff to do? My boyf has never been out of England before and I wanna get him to see some of the world!

Zombiæ

Post by Zombiæ » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:21 am

Lol I so didn't read the sign properly...I thought it said 'Hugs, Ass, Beers to go' :i10:
♥ ♫ Yo ho ho and a bottle of RAM ♫ ♥

Vex88

Post by Vex88 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:30 am

great pics.looks like fun. I'd love to go on a proper holiday. I've only been to Download....apart from family holidays up north when I was wee
Kirsty x
There's no place like 127.0.0.1.
---------------------------------------
Facebook
Etsy!
DysfunctionDesigns on Facebook
Artfire!

starlotus

Post by starlotus » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:15 pm

Intra_venus wrote:Ooh, I'd love to go there one day! Is it the kinda place you could go on holiday if you weren't there with a friend? Like, just wander about and find stuff to do? My boyf has never been out of England before and I wanna get him to see some of the world!

You could definitely go there, but really only if you like lots of noise and drinking, lol. We only went to Bourbon St. one night and did low-key localish stuff the rest of the time, but that place is basically like a giant frat party. I couldn't even imagine it during Mardi Gras, and frankly, wouldn't want to. I think without knowing someone local, you probably get pulled into more of the party aspect of it, which is really fun, but I definitely couldn't handle it for more than the one night. There's other fun stuff there though - good food and we went to the aquarium one day and walked around the river which was pretty. There's also lots of art and music and tourist stuff like post-Katrina tours but we didn't do any of that. If you go outside of the touristy parts though, the place is really depressing and some of it's dangerous. My friend lived in a pretty sketchy neighborhood with lots of abandoned buildings and messed up houses from the hurricanes so I guess you probably have to be careful where you go. Oh, and carry LOTS of cash. I've never been to a place before where A. some of the bars didn't take plastic and B. everyone expects you to tip them for freaking EVERYTHING. The guy holding the beer sign had a tip jar (???) and there's street performers everywhere that get pissed if you walk by and don't tip. I actually got yelled at by a guy for not tipping him while he was standing on the street. I usually tip really well and don't have a problem with it, but this was kind of over the top and annoying. Other than that, definitely a fun place to visit, if you go, I can let you know where some of the good food/bars are that I really liked :)

Miss Liberty

Post by Miss Liberty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:20 pm

Intra_venus wrote:Ooh, I'd love to go there one day! Is it the kinda place you could go on holiday if you weren't there with a friend? Like, just wander about and find stuff to do? My boyf has never been out of England before and I wanna get him to see some of the world!

I went to New Orleans back in 07 for my anniversary and had a wonderful time. There are a lot of walking tours, great restaurants, beautiful cemeteries, and live music. There are some museums, churches, and galleries too that are worth seeing. Just outside the city are gorgeous antebellum mansions you can tour. I think it makes a good holiday. We were only there for four days, and we did not feel like we spent enough time.

Noodles!

Post by Noodles! » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:03 pm

Eeeee so glad to see you had an awesome trip! And what a first a place for a much need break! I was there for a week a few months ago and really enjoyed it, but I as staying with family and m under 21 so didn't really experience the 'party' aspect of the City. It's very beautiful though and yuo get some awesome, if not slightly eccentric locals!
x Peace Love Unity Respect x

Return to “Show Off - Everything Else”