trying on making crocheted dreads

dread_addiction

trying on making crocheted dreads

Post by dread_addiction » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:09 pm

ok so yesturday i finally gave it a shot at crocheted dread again since i been wanting to try for a while and seeing such lovely sets in show off ..i did try to make one . i think it turn out pretty ok..

only crocheted and palm rolled no sealing involve but i would like suggestion and tips ...

crappy quality of a picture because i dont own a camera so its webcam and my bf phone was stolen soo yeah..not very good quality.

excuse my hand xD

checking the length

mandikat

Re: trying on making crocheted dreads

Post by mandikat » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Lovin' the color dynamic.. Very contrasting.

Looks good. :i2:

Might look cleaner if you snip off the frizz, but it's all about what you're going for.
"Our world hangs like a magnificent jewel in the vastness of space. Every one of us is a part of that jewel. A facet of that jewel. And in the perspective of infinity, our differences are infinitesimal."
-Mister Rogers

Gracey

Post by Gracey » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:50 pm

It looks good from what I can see, but it is hard with the picture quality.

I personally wouldn't snip loose hairs from any kind of dread as I feel like it makes them prickly. And crocheted dreads are intended to mimic actual dreads, which are never 'perfect' and therein lies their charm.

Crocheting is like any other dread method; it takes time and practise to get it how you like it. Once you get it to a point where youi are happy with what you have done, you've cracked it!
What, that? It's a spade.

Gracey xx
Formerly known as Woolhairhabbit

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:14 pm

it looks good to me, but it is very hard to tell with that picture quality. Do you have access to a scanner? maybe you could scan it and then we would be able to see very clearly what was going on
telling it like it is!

dread_addiction

Post by dread_addiction » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:50 pm

no but soon ill be reciving my new camera ...soo ill take better picutres then and replace it.. mean while ill try to make another one.

MissAnthropik

Post by MissAnthropik » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:24 pm

dread_addiction wrote:no but soon ill be reciving my new camera ...soo ill take better picutres then and replace it.. mean while ill try to make another one.
both good plans!
telling it like it is!

Shedandy

Post by Shedandy » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:10 am

It looks pretty good to me from what I can see, and those red reads you have installed look uber awesome!
This be my Facebook dreads page ^_^ Feel free to add me
http://www.facebook.com/shedandys

dread_addiction

Post by dread_addiction » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:20 am

Shedandy wrote:It looks pretty good to me from what I can see, and those red reads you have installed look uber awesome!

i made about 26 dreads to have a half installment to have that half look ..since my bf was the one who say i should do it that way.

i love them! i was going to show them off but i still dont have a camera to take any good pictues ):
my newest techniques makes the dread have great thickness and wont unravel that easy . hehe

Return to “Hair Critique”