Pastel twistys? *pics*

Flower In Furs

Pastel twistys? *pics*

Post by Flower In Furs » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:47 am

Okay!! So I haven't been on in a long while and I am excited to be back and get some critique. I haven't had much time for making dreads accept for just recently. So I started making some pastel colored SE's because I have always fancied pastels and figured I would give it a shot. I have made about fifteen and am not sure if I should continue and keep the ones I have try to salvage them or start over. Here they are: I have the flash on because my camera wont take good night shots.

As you can see they are a bit... lumpy, definitly working on my backcombing, but I was wondering if I could get some critique on whether to ditch them or keep them :)
thanks! :i2:
unicorn unity

ShadowThrone

Re: Pastel twistys? *pics*

Post by ShadowThrone » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:46 am

I really love the colours, I'd keep them for that alone! :lol:

Did you intend them to be loose? If you want them more 'dreadlike', then yes they need a lot more backcombing.

I actually like the look of them how they are, they only thing is how well they will hold up if you install them :)

Flower In Furs

Post by Flower In Furs » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:56 pm

thank you :) Yeah I like the way they look too, but I agree about being not sure they will hold up :/ hmm, I think I might just keep them!! :i2:
unicorn unity

mandikat

Post by mandikat » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:14 pm

I think they're actually looking alright... The colors are fantastic!

I think that if you made the other dreads very clean and even, these could be great "accent dreads", just to give some variety.. The thing is, if you're planning on making more, you might want them to be extra tight and clean, or it might look disheveled all around.

Yeah, they might unravel a little after a few weeks.. But if they seem like they'll be able to hold up, I say go for it! They really don't look bad at all, I think you might just want to do a little more backcombing on the next wave. Lookin' good!

And again, rockin' color choice.
"Our world hangs like a magnificent jewel in the vastness of space. Every one of us is a part of that jewel. A facet of that jewel. And in the perspective of infinity, our differences are infinitesimal."
-Mister Rogers

Flower In Furs

Post by Flower In Furs » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:19 pm

yay that's good to hear. :) And thanks about the colors!!
I was inspired by unicorns :)....and all the leftover hair I had hanging around haha :lol: I think that's a good idea about the accent dreads....now if only I can make the rest of them nice clean and even, we'll I'm gonna give it a go!
unicorn unity

Glamour Trash

Post by Glamour Trash » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Wicked colours I can definitely see the unicorn inspiration :D

Good luck with the rest of them :)

Return to “Hair Critique”