Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drac-in-a-box.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> General Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reclamation
Noize Terror Corps Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Drac-in-a-box. Reply with quote

Not sure whether this would go in here, but a friend of mine has been having a few problems contacting Drac in a box. She ordered some boots from them a while back & hasn't recieved them, & attempts to contact them have been unsuccessful. She said she's even tried ringing them but they've not answered.

Has anyone had any problems with them in the past, & if so, how did you manage to get it sorted?
cyberwench81
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boyfriend ordered from Drac-in-a-Box in June last year, for my birthday in July.

To cut a (very) long story short, I eventually got my birthday present in October!

The only way we were ever able to contact Dorian (the owner) was by e-mail. First he said he needed to take my BF's card details again, then he went on holiday... And all this hassle was only for an Alchemy necklace, so it wasn't as if it was a particularly obscure item!

I will say that Dorian was friendly, replied to most of our e-mails, and did send a free gift out with the necklace to make up for it (although this was a really nasty armour ring that looked like it came out of a cracker!). However, this really doesn't excuse the terrible length of time to send things out. It's a shame, as they have some gorgeous stuff on their website, but I certainly wouldn't order from them again. I have heard similar stories from other people Mad

If they haven't yet taken payment for the boots yet, I would recommend that your friend cancel her order and go elsewhere to save further hassle. If she has already paid, then I would just keep e-mailing. It sounds like they may be on holiday again? Sorry I can't offer any further advice.
Neon Black
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have awful customer service and I cant see why anyone ever bothers ordering from them. I have had bad service personally and also I know others that have.
They also ripped off some of my friends designs and started producing them without giving her the credit. She didnt have them copyrighted so there was nothing she could do!!
-Ebay-
reclamation
Noize Terror Corps Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys, she just got an email back from them so hopefully that's it all resolved now.
x Penny Dreadful x
greylegfacedman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Sounds pretty bad..... my boyfriend was going to buy me a really nice dress from there for my birthday at the end of the month, but i think i'll go elsewhere, shame cos they have some fantastic stuff.
Hope everything gets sorted out for your friend though.It's so dissapointing when you get all excited about something and it doesn't get there in time.
Chocolate
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*kerching* *adds two cents*

I orderd some stuff from them last March so that it was here for my birthday in May but it hadn't arrived by the '28 days' so I bugged them with email for ages, tryed phoning them and I got nothing then in July I had a reply to an email that basicly said a refund had been directly credited to my account in the last few days why was i still bugging them? I checked my account and it had only reached me that day. I have not even looked at the website since!
JenLL
"Virtual Girl"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the warnings. I've removed their website from my Bookmarks
Batewoman
I'm kind of a big deal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this reply is quite late, but I just have to add
my two cents...

Well... I ordered some clothes (a skirt and a top) from them in the
end of May, and I recived the skirt about 4 weeks later - no problem
with that... But then there is the top! Well...
It is in the middle of september now and it havenīt showed up yet!
I have mailed Dorian so many times I really canīt recall how many,
and when he answered (after a week or so, and he didnīt reply to
all e-mails) he told me he was going to look at the order status and mail
me back. This he mailed me in August. Now I havenīt recived any answer
nor the top, so I have started to surrender. Well, there goes Ģ35... Mad

I guess it is quite obvious that I am not going to order from them again. >_<

"It's all fun and games until someone looses
an eye, then it's hillarious!"
littlepinkfaery
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if only people would report them to trading standards... taking moeny and not supplying goods, it needs to be donek, i hear nothing but bad things about thi company and they overcharge, but you can't take them to court for that!

Have you see the prive of their hair falls?!?!?! you can get those really cheap in America!

http://www.littlepinkfaery.co.uk
Batewoman
I'm kind of a big deal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if I bring up this thread again, but I donīt really
know what to do.
I have waited for a top (se post above) since May,
and now it is in middle of october and it haven't arrived yet.
(Now it is about one month since my last post)
What should I do?
They don't answer when I call them nor do they respond
to e-mails... Should I report them or somehting?
This is _really_ frustrating.

Littlepinkfaery - I totally agree!

Slayer Emma
aka Azrael Angel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.livejournal.com/userinfo.bml?user=dracinabox_club Do you have a LiveJournal? They live near me, although I have never spoken to either of them, and don't know them, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help! They even ripped off a friend of mine, which is shocking considering they are friends of friends, and move in the same "social scene". Good luck in your quest for your stuff.
x Penny Dreadful x
greylegfacedman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it may be an idea to email them and tell them you are reporting them to trading standards, even if you don't actually do it, it might kickstart them into doing something/giving you a refund at least.....
Batewoman
I'm kind of a big deal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply... I'm definetly going to try that. (tell them
that I'm going to report them) *sigh* but until further notice
I'm going to keep spreading the word to everyone that
they should avoid them Wink still no top, btw Mad

JenLL
"Virtual Girl"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they had a stall at Whitby this weekend. I was tempted to go up to them and say "I hear you're a bunch of rip-off merchants"... but bit my tongue
littlepinkfaery
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wondered how they dare come to whiby and show their face after ripping off so many goths! I only hope they had plenty of people going there to ask for thier money back or goods- I certainly would have been first in the queue if it was me!

http://www.littlepinkfaery.co.uk
riceball
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've had loads of problems with people before similar to the ones your having Voodoo Heart, although not with this site. however most of them were sorted when i threatened them with trading standards. so its well worth a try.
Gothkitten
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: a bit of a late post to the thread but.. Reply with quote

In january (the 9th to be precise) i ordered a skirt from the sale section of drac in a box. there website claims to deliver within 7 days. after 3 weeks i e-mailed them asking when the item was posted to me (worried that it may have got lost in the post). They replied saying that they'd look into it for me. a few weeks later i still had no skirt or reply... so i sent them another e-mail to which i got no reply.

Around the end of january i emailed them again, they apologised for the delay and said they would get back to me... several more weeks passed - with no skirt and no reply from them as to were the skirt could be. i then e-mailed them again, this time they said the skirt i ordered was not in stock and they were waiting for it to come in (a surprise since i ordered it from their sale section) i think they said it would be sent out within two weeks, and they would get back to me. A few weeks later with no skirt i emailed them again - and surprise got no reply so i waited a week and e-mailed them, this time (must of been around may) they said that the skirt i ordered was actually FAULTY and thats why they hadn't sent it to me? considering i had placed the order 4months earlier shouldn't they have told me this sooner. anyway..

They offered to refund me and send me a free gift...

in JULY (seven months after i ordered) i e-mailed them as i still hadn't recieved my refund - by this time i'd given up on the hope of a free gift by means of apology. They got back to me in Late july saying the refund will be send out to me that week....I e-mailed them again today... NEARLY 9 MONTHS AFTER I ORDERED MY SKIRT, I HAVE NO SKIRT NO FREE GIFT AND NO REFUND!!

9months is a long time and over this period i have had to email them more than 10 times... often getting no reply back, but always being promised something was being done. Now i know people have lives and mistakes can be made ... but 9MONTHS of mistakes? i sell and buy from ebay all the time and have never come across anyone who is so poor with customer service . So imagine my surprise to be treated like this by a well know gothic clothing site! 9 months is ridiculus, how hard would it have been to send me a refund?? I'm stunned, i had planned to order quite a few bits from their too but i shall never be using them again... If a skirt takes 9 months how long do you think i'd have to wait for a dress?!!!??
Purplevamp
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: The Boycotting of Drac in a Box Reply with quote

The boycotting of Drac in a Box!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a warning to those potential buyers from the webite Dracinabox. I strongly recomend that you never buy anything from this web site as you are likely not to get what you orderdered and then have to fight to get your money back!
On 18th May i purchased an outfit to the sum of Ģ247.50 from this web site, it stated a 5-6 wk delivery but that came and went and no delivery.
They took my money on the 19th may too.
I emailed them asking where it was and it took 3 emails before i got a reply. I was told they would look into it.
Well after another week went by i still had no reply so i emailed again.....and yet again it took 3 attempts to get a reply out of them.
This time i was told that the seamstress will be sending it out as soon as it was finished.
This surprised me as there was no mention of the corset being made to order, as it was just a size that i picked from, and not a made to measure one.
Well after another week had gone by, and we were in the month of July by now, i still had nothing but the fact that i was Ģ247.50 out of pocket....
After multiple emails and even phone calls i was getting nowhere, so i emailed them again threatening to cancle as the outfit was for a weeding and i needed it by a set date. I told them i would have to decide by 13th July as to whether to cancel or not.
They soon got back to me after this as they wanted to keep my money, so they told me that it was in transit from the seamstress and would be with me on a next day delivery from Dracinabox.
So i waited a couple more days and still no delivery.
Well you can imagine my distress by now, as i had no outfit for the weeding and no money to go and buy a new one, also i was rapidly running out of time.
I emailed again only to be told that i was not going to get my order in time for the weeding as the seamstress had given Dracinabox wrong info. They did state that if i still wanted the order i will also get a free gift for the trouble i had.
I told them i was not prepared to pay that much money just for the outfit to wear to the local pub, so on 20th July i canceled my order.
I told them that i wanted my money refunded as fast as they took it, and that i wanted the free gift as a way of apology for the terrible customer service i had received.
They agreed to this.
Well 1 week went by and i had no refund.......so i ended up having to email numerous times yet again hassleing them for my money.
I was told that it would be issued on 27th July. This never happened.......so i had to threaten them with Trading Standards.
I was them Told that the person responsible for issuing the refund was out of the office till 8th August and he would deal with it as soon as he got back.
Well i am sure you can imagine my rage at this.
So that date came round.......and still no refund. After more emails and calls i was still getting nowhere.
The next email i tried to send was bounced back to me. So itried again and the same happened again. So i was sure that they had blocked my email address. So i tried another email address of mine and sure enough that one got through. But all i got was the same rubbish that the would pass the message on to the person responsible for issuing the refund.
Well it was now 10th Aug and i had had enough, so i called Trading Standards and asked their advice. To which they said i should write to them requesting my refund to be paid within the next 7 working days or i will take it further. So i did this and they had untill last friday to refund me.
Well as of yesterday i still had no refund, so i got back onto to Trading Standards who i sent all the emails to and they said they would now get on to the web site about it.
Well late last night i checked my personal email and found that late yesterday my refund was finally issued. However it does not look like it will be as fast as they took it as it has not cleared my account yet.
So after the run around i was given by this web site i will never ever buy anything from there again, and i will continue to blacken their name as i think they have no idea what customer service means.
I strongly recomend that if anyone is considering buying from this web site not to do so as i would hate for you to get the same kind of treatment that i have had over the last 3 months.
Stear clear of Dracinabox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MissAnthropik
telling it like it is

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplevamp - Can I ask out of interest whether trading standards told you whether they had issued any warnings to the company? I have dealt with trading standards before over a company breaking the law and they dealt with the issue for me and they told me that they had told the company what they needed to do to keep the law and that any further activity of the sort I had complained about and they would consider taking them to court.

If trading standards have said somehting like this to the company I would advise other people if they still don't have their goods to contact trading standards and tell them that you are aware that trading standards have been involved with this company before
Purplevamp
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i spoke to trading standards the guy who dealt with my case told me that he had contacted them stating that i had been in touch and that legal procedings would ensue if my money was not refunded. And low and behold that afternoon i was sent an email from Dracinabox to say that they had actioned my refund and that it would be in my account within 48 hrs.
MissCyanide
Private

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How strange, I ordered a pinstripe shirt from there..arrived in 3 days O_o
silentstorm
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered from here over 2 years ago and never again! When I recieved my Ģ80 corset the boning was flimsy plastic and the satin was very thin and of poor quality, plus it was 3 weeks later than they said it would be to arrive. My friend also ordered at the same time - after 3 months ofcourse of numerous calling/emails they told her the fabric was no longer available and she said she'd have a refund, over a mont later she got a refund .... minus the p&p cost, she was outraged at their ordacity but gave up after afew emails of complaint.
cyberwench81
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed they now have a seperate website for their cyber clothing:

http://www.doandroidsdream.com/index.html

Just in case was thinking about orderding from these people, might be worth re-thinking!
raven*faerie
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was considering ordering from Do Androids Dream recently but i really think i won't know. The item i was looking at most was this : http://www.doandroidsdream.com/product_html/tops/dko106.htm because i had lost in the bidding for this item on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220124969157&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012 and thought that it was the same but i am confused now because when i thought about it i realised that Do Androids Dream probably wouldn't stock Cyberdog clothes especially without mentioning it so i'm not sure whther they have done a copy of a Cyberdog top or if the ebay seller was confused over the brand of the top they were selling. I still really want it but i'm not gonna pay the price Do Androids Dream have it for particularly if it's going to be substandard. Has anyone seen this top before and know anything about it?
Armitage
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had some issues with Drac in a Box and ther sistersite Do Androids Dream.

I purchased a skirt and a top from them in June 2007, but never received my goods and after half a year I got fed up! I also tried to contact them through email, but never received an reply. Until I threatened them to cancel my order and contact my credit company to cancel my payment. Then I received a mail within 10 min! They promised to ship my goods the following week and after waiting 3 weeks I wrote them another mail. This is the reply I received. It took them one and a half week to reply:

Greetings Thea,

Thank you for your order with Do Androids Dream.

Your parcel is sent, your goods on their way
You may get them tomorrow, or the next day.
This winter in your clothes all shiny and new
You'll receive compliments and praise that is due.
If you don't like this poem, if you thinks it's not right
Don't worry your parcel's a more eloquent sight.

OK so I'm no Lord Byron. But you get my drift. Your parcel has left us
and should arrive with preternatural speed (or possibly by the time you
get this email) have already arrived. Included with your parcel is a
voucher for Ģ10.00 off your next order ref 15347442101 which can
be used online for your next order with Drac-in-a-Box
http://www.dracinabox.com. I am very sorry for the delay in getting this
order to you.

**************IMPORTANT INFORMATION****************

I am very sorry to tell you that although your skirt has been despatched
today the top you also ordered is discontinued. In truth we have been
battling hosts to get the Do Androids Dream site removed as most of the
items there are discontinued. I would ask you not to order from that
website again. We do however have a gothic site at http://www.dracinabox.com
and on that site are some heavily discounted styles of discontinued cyber
clothing which may interest you. You are welcome to use your coupon
above against an item which is already discounted.

We owe you Ģ25.00 for the discontinued item. Would you prefer a refund of
that amount or a discount coupon so you can use the money against items
on our Drac-in-a-Box account? If you let us know your preference we will
sort it out for you. Once again my sincere apologies both for the delay and
the disappointment.

We hope you love your gothic garb. If you would like to show off your
unearthly charms in your new Drac-in-a-Box goodies feel free to drop us
a line with a photo of you for our "Customers in our Clothes" page on our
brand new website at http://www.dracinabox.com.

If you prefer to stay in the shadows but would like to chat or listen to
other Drac-in-a-Box customers and ourselves please feel free to join us
at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thedracpack

Expect lots of new lines from us over the coming months. Keep checking
back as tonnes of gorgeous male and female clothing is being regularly
added to our current collection in time for Winter/Spring 2008.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to write back. If
not, thank you once again for your valued custom.

Yours in darkness

Carmilla, Dorian and the Drac-in-a-Box team.
So it looks like I won`t be getting my top. I wrote them back and asked for the refund. I don`t want to ever shop with them again. It takes too long for them to ship and their customer service sucks. I don`t care about the 10Ģ voucher . It does not make up for ignoring my emails and 7 months of waiting for my goods. Especially when they charge my credit card right away. They should have waited to charge my credit card until the items were ready to ship! The important thing is that will be getting my skirt. The skirt was the whole reason I placed a order with them in the first place.

It also took them about 3 months to refund me for the top.

Stear clear of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> General Reviews All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: