Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

boot recon!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiccan_willow
~*.::DreadfulBliss::.*~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: boot recon!! Reply with quote

i have a pair of deerskin boots, very native americanesk looking, they are a perfect foot fit but they wont go up my chunky calves. so i had an idea to open up either the front or the sides and add some deerskin lacing, only problem is, i have been looking everywhere locally for some deerskin fabric or deerskin lacing, fabric will do, i would just cut it into strips, but i cant find anywhere around me that sells any at all! joanns, ac moore, michaels, even our local fabric depo in walmart doesnt carry it, i'm racking my brains trying to find some but i cant seem to get my hands on any, does anyone know of any places that sells either deerskin fabric or deerskin lacing please let me know, anywhere locally near you or online, thanks!!!

~Myspace

^_^ beginner by nature~~~professional at heart!!! ^_^
spooki cookie
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say your best bet is to contact a deer hunter during deer season. deer isn't really commercially harvested so it's going to be tough to find. or... you could use an alternative fabric.

outside of deer season it's next to impossible to find any deer products. Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wiccan_willow
~*.::DreadfulBliss::.*~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i dont think its real deer, lol... it just looks like deer, i should of reworded my original post, ummm, they are like very costumy- deerskin looking boots with faux fur accents on the top, do you think suade would be a close enough match, if i got it in the same color??

~Myspace

^_^ beginner by nature~~~professional at heart!!! ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: