Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHARM SWAP NOW OPEN!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Swap Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilac_passion
Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: CHARM SWAP NOW OPEN!! Reply with quote

I'm opening up the charm swap now that I've finished with taking orders on my corset order...

I'll open this to 25 people and here's the deal. You are asked to buy a charm for everyone on the list. It doesn't have to be anything expensive and can be handmade if you like! *NOTE* NOTHING TOO BIG! As TenderTendrils pointed out, people put some pretty huge charms on kandi bracelets and necklaces.... we want these to be wearable every day and don't want huge charms taking up tons of space on the bracelet!

You must also buy your own bracelet to put the charms on.
Preferably a metal link type bracelet that would be easy to attach jump rings too.... you could also go for a beaded bracelet that could have jump rings attached, but make sure the beads are large enough that the jump rings won't move around and have the charms all collect in one place... if you want a necklace instead, get a necklace chain!

Anyway, to do this the cheapest way in terms of postage prices, everyone will mail their charms and their bracelets to me! Once I've gotten charms from everyone, I will assemble them and mail them back to you! If you would like to not include a chain or don't want me to assemble yours for whatever reason, I will just mail you the charms.

I would prefer that nobody with metal allergies or other allergies that might pertain to this swap signs up for this as it might complicate things too much...

If you're looking for places to buy charms, try craft stores or look online in places like eBay or bead stores! You do not have to buy the same charm for everyone but it would make things a lot easier when it comes time to put everything together. If you buy a specific charm for someone specific on the list, please let me know which charm you want for which person so I can make sure they get the proper one!

When I mail them back to you, I will put a little card in with everyone's bracelet saying which charm is from which person :]

If we get enough people interested, I would totally be willing to do a round two to this!

Sign ups will be done until AUGUST 30th or until the spaces are all filled... :] From there, I will give everyone a month to get the charms and mail them to me. Once everyone is signed up, I will PM everyone my address and ask that you PM me yours in return so I can ship the bracelet back to you once its done!

On to the sign up list!
1. lilac_passion
2. TenderTendrils
3. ANGELAAR
4. starlight
5. varanusrudicollis
6. VixenSingsBlack
7. Wild.Rabbit.Ren
8. vainvixen
9. CherryLex
10. ninjakotte
11. AutumnSilverMoon
12. SargentPixi
13. kaizoku_purinsesu
14. jungle dread

Last edited by lilac_passion on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:39 pm; edited 11 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANGELAAR
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna be in on this Just wondering wether we can make our own charms instead? how would you sending the charms back to us work? do we paypal you the postage or something?

Angie
TenderTendrils
Corset Queen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You buy/make charms for 24 people? Confused

Id be up for it as long as it is a 'charm' swap.... i've seen some of the HUGE things people attached to thei kandi Laughing

Tender Tendrils

http://tendertendrils.livejournal.com/
lilac_passion
Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TenderTendrils wrote:
You buy/make charms for 24 people? Confused

Id be up for it as long as it is a 'charm' swap.... i've seen some of the HUGE things people attached to thei kandi Laughing

Yep, for 24 unless you want one of your own charms on your bracelet :] Thus why we don't want anything too expensive... there are a lot of good bead stores and retailers online that will sell things like that in bulk... of course if you wanted to make them out of your own materials, you could probably get off even cheaper!

And agreed on nothing too big... not only would it take up a lot of space on the bracelet but would probably make it a pain to wear a lot!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lilac_passion
Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANGELAAR wrote:
I wanna be in on this Just wondering wether we can make our own charms instead? how would you sending the charms back to us work? do we paypal you the postage or something?

Angie

I was just going to cover the postage back sweatdrop So you don't need to worry about it.... and all for making your own charms!! Just make sure they aren't too big and wouldn't easily break off the bracelet.... if you make something from FIMO or similar, maybe put a metal screw through the top instead of having a clay hoop to attach it as I can see that breaking off easily....

:]
starlight
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me me me me me!! one thing though - does the charm we make need to have a jump ring attached? or does it just need a hole in it somewhere for you to add one.. cuz I'd probably make mine, and I don't have any rings.. (if several people are also in the same boat I have an idea: we club together and order a whole load from somewhere, and send 'em to lilac_passion to assemble them?) if not I'm sure I can get 24 from somewhere... meh, whatever, sign me up!
lilac_passion
Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starlight wrote:
me me me me me!! one thing though - does the charm we make need to have a jump ring attached? or does it just need a hole in it somewhere for you to add one.. cuz I'd probably make mine, and I don't have any rings.. (if several people are also in the same boat I have an idea: we club together and order a whole load from somewhere, and send 'em to lilac_passion to assemble them?) if not I'm sure I can get 24 from somewhere... meh, whatever, sign me up!

I'll supply the jump rings sweatdrop just need the charms and bracelets from you guys...
starlight
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! let me know if it starts getting expensive with all the postage back and stuff though, I'd be more than happy to cover mine ('specially since international may cost you a little more..) even if everyone paypalled you $1 it'd help you out a bit..
varanusrudicollis
brain master

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh oh me me! I'm in
VixenSingsBlack
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo, count me in! So what happens is we each make/buy 24 charms and send them to you with a charm bracelet. You then jump ring all charms to all bracelets, and post them back out to us. Right?
Wild.Rabbit.Ren
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want in!

Visit My Website
http://industrial-underground.webs.com/index.htm
vainvixen
That b*itch stole my shoes!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: :o) Reply with quote

i'm in

~ VAINVIXEN.NET ~
Dreads : No Fuss No Fillers
CherryLex
Big Pointy Teeth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too!!
CherryLex
Big Pointy Teeth

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too!! This sounds really cute!
lilac_passion
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VixenSingsBlack wrote:
Woohoo, count me in! So what happens is we each make/buy 24 charms and send them to you with a charm bracelet. You then jump ring all charms to all bracelets, and post them back out to us. Right?

Yep! When you're done, you'll have the bracelet that you sent to me with a charm from each person in the swap neatly attached with a jump ring! If you want one of your own charms for your bracelet, make sure to send 25 charms instead of 24..... I will also include a little card that says which charm is from which person just so you know who sent what to be added :]
ninjakotte
Private

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can a little newcommer join in? ^_^
lilac_passion
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjakotte wrote:
can a little newcommer join in? ^_^

As long as you're good! Razz
SargentPixi
Made of 100% blood, sweat, & glitter!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can find or figure out a way to make that many charms for a low price (broooke and I dont usually do crafts like charms... I sew haha), then Ill so join!

Formerly known as shelichan
lilac_passion
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SargentPixi wrote:
If I can find or figure out a way to make that many charms for a low price (broooke and I dont usually do crafts like charms... I sew haha), then Ill so join!

I just found about 25 adorable charms on eBay and paid $14 for all of em.... try looking there for wholesalers! The girl I got mine from was based in China so of course they were relatively cheap!
AutumnSilverMoon
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. I have to join or I'll end up being the only member on the board without an awesome matching charm bracelet!
AutumnSilverMoon
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilac_passion wrote:
SargentPixi wrote:

I just found about 25 adorable charms on eBay and paid $14 for all of em.... try looking there for wholesalers! The girl I got mine from was based in China so of course they were relatively cheap!
I just found some awesome ones on there that I hope I don't get out bid on. They are unusual and so me. Hopefully noone else on here buys the same ones!
lilac_passion
Colonel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AutumnSilverMoon wrote:
lilac_passion wrote:
SargentPixi wrote:

I just found some awesome ones on there that I hope I don't get out bid on. They are unusual and so me. Hopefully noone else on here buys the same ones!

If somehow we do end up with two of the same charms, I'll make sure to put em on opposite sides of the bracelet so it wont be so noticeable! Hopefully, though, with the amount of things that can be found on the internet and with the unique handmade items, we won't have to worry about it! :]
Killaya
NIN Fangirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking about this one, hmmm. Very tempting!

I have a question before I decide to enter or not, how big is "too big"? If I make fimo or clay charms obviously they won't be able to be as small as the metal ones without sacrificing detail, but they won't be OMG-huge either.

Or can it be made with stuff like ribbon? I know how to make cute little bow charms with ribbon and buttons..
lilac_passion
Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killaya wrote:
I'm thinking about this one, hmmm. Very tempting!

I have a question before I decide to enter or not, how big is "too big"? If I make fimo or clay charms obviously they won't be able to be as small as the metal ones without sacrificing detail, but they won't be OMG-huge either.

Or can it be made with stuff like ribbon? I know how to make cute little bow charms with ribbon and buttons..

I would say anything bigger than an inch and a half by an inch and a half is too big.... as for the stuff with ribbon I would say very cute! I think the sky is the limit really in terms of the materials you could use but we want to make sure that the charm is durable so that it doesn't fall apart with regular wear and tear.... therefore if you're going to do ribbon, fray check the ends for sure! sweatdrop
starlight
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't want everyone making them that big though! my arm'll drop off! mine are gonna be pretty small methinks..
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Swap Shop All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: