Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aromaleigh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> General Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Aromaleigh Reply with quote

I decided to give mineral makeup another stab and I'm much happier than I was last time. With Bare Minerals I would break out in little hives, so I decided to try Aromaleigh.

I purchased her 1L Glissade foundation, You're A Doll! Metamorphosis finishing powder, a sample of the blue concealer #9 and concealer #5P. I also recieved a sample of Le Mystere #75, Rosebud Color Infusion lipstick, Pixie Blue Pure Hue and Taintedlove Rocks! Sonic Eyes.

I really like the foundation. It didn't irritate my skin at all and matched my skintone perfectly.

The concealer worked pretty well, but I don't think either was very necessary. I do have plans to try putting the blue concealer all over my face before foundation, as I've heard that can give a strange, pale glowy look.

I'm unhappy with the powder. It's basically a very sheer eyeshadow. It has a blue hue, which is why I purchased it, but it has LOADS of shimmer which makes using it generally ridiculous. After using it I've felt like a little kid that got into her moms makeup and put shimmer powder all over her face.

The samples were all cute, but I couldn't advise whether to get them either way. They're pretty good, but not something I'd go out of my way to buy.

Apparenza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iamtheparty
blamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read some reviews of Aromaleigh that claim that if you give any critical feedback on her website at all she blocks you from the site and won't let you order ever again. There was a post on The Beauty Brains where there were a lot of comments all saying the same thing.

EDIT: I found the post http://thebeautybrains.com/2008/03/08/mineral-makeup-name-your-favorite-brands/

Please buy my stuff so I can continue to eat: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjo.morgan I'll be your best friend....
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh now that is interesting. I was going to post something about the powder being too shimmery.

I will say that my order never showed up in order history and I never recieved the order confirmation email, so I emailed the customer service. I was told that it must have been sent to my spam folder (which I checked several times prior to emailing them), and that their host doesn't update the website often so the orders won't show up for up to 1 week. In the same email she told me any time I recieve an order number they must have recieved my order...but I had no order number, just the paypal ID #.

I was miffed as I included that it had not popped up in spam, and it seems highly bizarre to me that a cart takes 1 week to update. I don't know. The customer service was bizarre.

Apparenza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so this past week I've decided to put my foundations to the test. It's been in the upper 90's or low 100's today and yesterday, and very humid and generally miserable. I spent about the same amount of time outside yesterday as I did today.

My regular liquid foundation started to wear off after about 10 hours of wear, which isn't bad. The few zits I have (yay, breakout!) were very apparent, and the circles under my eyes were obvious. I had to reapply powder a few times during the day.

Today I tried out the aromaleigh foundation. I applied it dry first, then a second layer wet (this was over the monistat anti-chafing relief gel). It matched my skin better and has not worn off yet. I reapplied powder once (this is after nearly 12 hours of wear) because I felt weird not reapplying it but I didn't really need it.

My only criticism is that I cannot wear my regular concealer now, because the foundation is not even slightly yellow based, so it makes the area under my eyes look incredibly yellow, and her concealers do the same thing. I caked on some of the foundation under my eyes, which worked for a while, but has been wearing off at a faster rate than my usual foundation. I've also noticed that the pores near the top of my nose and sides of my nose are more visible than with liquid foundation.

I'd definately suggest getting the foundation and just avoid her customer service or leaving a review if you plan on buying from her again. The lip sample was pretty crappy, as was one of the eyeshadow samples (it looked like baby poo after lots of smashed peas had been eaten). There's a glitter sample I have no use for, and a red eyeshadow that I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase, but it alright all in all. I threw away the powder and haven't used the concealers any since realizing the yellow was too...yellow. The blue gave my skin a sickly look (and I tend to like that look, but not like it turned out).

Apparenza
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> General Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: