Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KK colour swatch swap. (ideas stage)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Swap Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

which brand for the swap?
buyhair
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
afrocare
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

~*~*~MistressH~*~*~
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: KK colour swatch swap. (ideas stage) Reply with quote

Ok i want to co-ordinate a KK colour swatch swap as per the thread in the dreads section.

Anyone interested please post here,also for those who have done this before please advise me how it works best!

Should we stick to one brand? ie buyhair or afrocare?
does the swatch have to be dreaded? (thinking of those who work with braids or loose hair rather than dreads) so possibly dreaded OR braided?

I dont want to set this up too soon as im moving soon, was thinking to aim to actually swap end of aug / sept, giving people pleantly of time to make dreadds or braids and continue with their own projects too!

so.... firstly lets decide the brand of kk, going to add a poll for 10 days to decide

xxxx
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any way there could be a US swap, too? I have little access to buyhair/afrocare, but use ikickshins and drlocks all the time.

Apparenza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANNloses
Colonel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pallidity wrote:
Any way there could be a US swap, too? I have little access to buyhair/afrocare, but use ikickshins and drlocks all the time.

We should do one. Razz
I totally need to get my I Kick Shins colors into a ring.
CherryLex
Big Pointy Teeth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANNloses wrote:
Pallidity wrote:

We should do one. Razz

I would be up for a U.S. based one, but could we go by hair brand, like Eve, Braid Now, L.A. trend etc...? I know if I order from Doc's I get different brands but same color hair sometimes and the colors vary slightly by brand.
Also - would we do DE's or SE's? 'Cause I think I'm a bit rubbish at SE's, but I'll give 'em a go if I have to Razz
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CherryLex wrote:
ANNloses wrote:
Pallidity wrote:

We should do one. Razz

I would be up for a U.S. based one, but could we go by hair brand, like Eve, Braid Now, L.A. trend etc...? I know if I order from Doc's I get different brands but same color hair sometimes and the colors vary slightly by brand.
Also - would we do DE's or SE's? 'Cause I think I'm a bit rubbish at SE's, but I'll give 'em a go if I have to Razz

Very true. We could just have everyone sign up with something that they have, and no one could sign up for the same brand and color as someone else

It might be easier to just send a little snipet of hair to each person versus a dreaded bit of hair. But then again I don't know. I know there are people that do braids, loose and dreads that use KK, so dreaded might not be helpful to everyone.

Apparenza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ANNloses
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah.. But how would you secure the loose hair to the ring? I always wonder this Maybe loop it over the actual ring and take a braid sealer to it?
CherryLex
Big Pointy Teeth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe just braid a small bit of hair & heat seal...?
starlight
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CherryLex wrote:
Or maybe just braid a small bit of hair & heat seal...?

that works really well, I made some clip in streaks out of KK by making a loop at the top, braiding for about an inch and sealing with my straighteners Laughing did 4 small ones and sewed them onto clips through the loop. I was using stupidly shiny buyhair stuff so it wasn't great as far as streaks go, but for a colour wheel it'd be great
ANNloses
Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds good.
If anyone has a heat seal/braid sealer I think that would be great.
I prefer the look of loose hair on color rings, but if this swap is organized, then on the survey it can say what kind of hair would be preferred.
Maybe while doing the color ring swap, instead of having TONS of brands at once, we can do one round of the swap, with just Black N Gold, and another round later, with Modu?
I'm not sure if that's a good idea, please feel free to give me suggestions.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Swap Shop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: