Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advertisssing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UvKITTY
Private

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Advertisssing. Reply with quote

Okay so I know a lot of you have websites where you sell your dreads and stuff, and I wonder what kind of advertising if any you do to get your word out.

I have an etsy store and whatnot, and whenever someone makes a purchase I toss in a few business cards, so if they're happy with my stuff, they have business cards they can pass around to their friends.

I'm also done a couple promo swaps with other DIYers.. so they too throw my business cards and flyers and stuff into their packages.

And I also have a couple project wonderful ads, but I find that all of the hits I get from it don't stay too long.. I don't think it targets the right audience.

so, what do you do fro advertising?
www.sleepingunderthesubwoofer.com
~*~*~MistressH~*~*~
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when i start selling i intend to utilise free surces first such as myspace, facebook - create a group on synthetic dreads for advice but also selling and installation, joining all hair or alternative forums and *essentially* spamming them but not in a nasty way, contribute aswell!
word of mouth is your best advertising. also if you have localalternative nights ask if you can leave some flyers in the loos or in local record shops etc

xx
Miss Liberty
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myspace is great for advertising. I also make sure that when I go out I'm wearing my stuff, and give out cards to those that give me compliments.

Sometimes business cards take a while to generate a buzz, but everntually it starts to happen.

I have also vended some clubs in the past, and put table toppers on some of the tables during clubs nights friends were running.

I've been starting to think about stickers....but i dunno yet....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: