Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hair for dreads, dreads for hair!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Swap Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Hair for dreads, dreads for hair! Reply with quote

Alright, my classes are coming to an end this week and, aside from a few orders I *think* I have coming my way I don't have much to do. I posted in someone elses thread an offer that got a bit of interest so I thought I'd create a new thread!

I will dread up any hair sent to me BUT here are my terms

Payment-
Option 1: You pay a small labor fee (somewhere around $0.25 per dread, trans/mixed trans will be a bit extra)
Option 2: You allow me to keep some of the hair. (probably about 1 bag for every 5 or 6 bags you send, this can be negotiated depending on the hair)

Colors/Patterns/Types-
*All are provided by you (obviously)
I can provide natural colors easily if you do not want to pay to ship loads of black or blonde or what have you, but I must be compensated for that via money or hair I keep from what you send.
*I will create whatever specificed by you as far as dread type goes

Wills & Wonts/Cans & Cants-
*I will not mess around with plastikhaar or any sort of fibre other than KK.
*Any paid orders will take precedent over these orders. I need money people, but I also want something to keep me occupied. This means no date can be set on when I would finish your dreads. I will, however, keep you updated on the condition of your dreads via my websites main page (and email/PM/whatever if you let me know).
*I will not foot the bill for shipping. You are free to wait and pay this once the dreads are done, but I will not cover the cost to you. If you cannot pay the shipping I will either hold your dreads ransom or I will keep some of them to cover the cost of the shipping.

General notes-
*I tend to have difficulty sealing some buyhair colors, so if you are sending buyhair hair be forewarned that the dreads -may- seem a bit "soft" (meaning that when held they don't run parallel for a few cm before angeling down). The dreads will still hold up, they'll just feel differently than my normal stuff. This is usually dependant on how thick you want the dreads and what color(s) I'm working with, but it's best to warn you in advance.
*I am in the US! Shipping may take a while and/or may be a bit pricey both ways.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!
You can check out examples of my work here

Apparenza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vicsarina
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would be the deal for Buy-hair fantasy colours?
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same deal

Apparenza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vicsarina
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant, you said you were a bit wary of Buy-hair stuffs, and things:P

Good to know though.
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I'm wary of ALL of their hair but I'm up for any of it They just won't be as stiff if you want them very thick. I did have a bit of buyhair's fantasy line that felt like normal KK, but it's the sort of plasticy stuff that's a bit rough.

Apparenza
mizsyn
Hell bent on World domination

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many dreads per bag do you manage to average? (medium length/ medium thickness as well as THICK THICK and medium/long)
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the hair. Usually somewhere around 4 long, 6 or 7 medium length or 10-12 short, regular thickness DEs. Typically 2-3 long, 4-5 medium or 7-8 short thick DEs. I dreaded up 3.5 bags of buyhair and got 15 thick (about the size of a whiteboard marker) medium length dreads.

Apparenza
mizsyn

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would about 160 - 170 dreads keep you too busy?

Sadly thats just enough to cover my head + my best friends head hahah. we wear mucho dreads at once
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.O That would be ginormous! I'd take forever, but I could do it!

Apparenza
mizsyn

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So about how many bags for 90 medium/medium medium double ended dreads, and 70 thick/medium length single looped dreads (transitionals) ?

I know paid orders will come first, etc, but any kinda very rough and broad timeline? lol
PalePhantasy
curiosity's*madness

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOH.. Please see this post : http://www.extra-muffins.com/hair/viewtopic.php?t=16261

I would LOVE to have some dreads, but I need pencil thin, as my own hair is too thin for bigger partings. I do have 9 bags of hair, all KK. Please let me know if you are interested.

Ta ^_^

--- You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star. --- Friedrich Nietzsche
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mizsyn wrote:
So about how many bags for 90 medium/medium medium double ended dreads, and 70 thick/medium length single looped dreads (transitionals) ?

I know paid orders will come first, etc, but any kinda very rough and broad timeline? lol

Haha, at the very latest...August 10th. I really don't think it'd be that long at all, but that's around when I go back to class so I have plans to be completely finished with any orders by then.

I'd estimate about 15-17 bags for the 90 med./med. double enders and about 13-15 for the SEs, so a total of 30 plus whatever you'd be "paying" me.

PalePhantasy wrote:
OOH.. Please see this post : http://www.extra-muffins.com/hair/viewtopic.php?t=16261

I would LOVE to have some dreads, but I need pencil thin, as my own hair is too thin for bigger partings. I do have 9 bags of hair, all KK. Please let me know if you are interested.

Ta ^_^

I'd rather not work with silky KK, I'm afraid, but I'm up for the others!

Apparenza
PalePhantasy
curiosity's*madness

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can more than likely fudge around and make the cyclamen ones myself - it'll just take me ages because it absolutely KILLS my right hand to to make them.

If you pm me your ahipping info and the estimated cost to make them, I will let you know in the next week or so when I can ship the other 7 bags out - if you are still up to it, that is.

--- You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star. --- Friedrich Nietzsche
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mizsyn

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just been waiting for a day off so that I can hit all of the supply shops here to make sure I can round up 30+ bags in the right colors.
Just so happens that our hair is the same color right now, which is my fault, as I am her stylist hehe. But that means I need to find 30+ in the same colors lol

Also, because this is such a ridiculously insane offer, what are your favorite colors so we know what sorts of things to send you besides hair?
Miss_Panda
Miss Panda

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want some black and blonde dreads i want them to be falls about 23" in length
i have the blonde and black KK with a few swirls about 2 DE's per fall
how many packets you reckon you will need and how much? and how long waiting? sorry all the questions!
Vicsarina
Colonel

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss_Panda wrote:

Only 2 DE's? Surely that won't cover well>.<

Sorry... Do you mean 20?
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mizsyn wrote:
I have just been waiting for a day off so that I can hit all of the supply shops here to make sure I can round up 30+ bags in the right colors.
Just so happens that our hair is the same color right now, which is my fault, as I am her stylist hehe. But that means I need to find 30+ in the same colors lol

Also, because this is such a ridiculously insane offer, what are your favorite colors so we know what sorts of things to send you besides hair?

Have you checked on shipping? I don't want you to end up paying out the butt for shipping when it might be cheaper for you to have me buy the hair from a supplier, since they get bulk rates.

I like all hair If you can find any royal blue or pink (any shade), I'd love that. Black and 613 are always good to have lying around, too.

Miss_Panda wrote:
i want some black and blonde dreads i want them to be falls about 23" in length
how many packets you reckon you will need and how much? and how long waiting? sorry all the questions!

Same question as Vic...

Apparenza
mizsyn

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping to cram all the bags into one flat rate box HAHAH!!!! If you don't mind me taking the cardboard out of the bags that is.

Local suppliers tend to be cheaper then any online suppliers I have used, plus I get a pro discount at nearly every shop. I'm going to do some math to figure out how many bags I can fit into one box vs online ordering/etc.

Oh, and besides for colors of hair, what are your favorite colors, we intend to send you more then hair Wink
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mizsyn wrote:
I am hoping to cram all the bags into one flat rate box HAHAH!!!! If you don't mind me taking the cardboard out of the bags that is.

Local suppliers tend to be cheaper then any online suppliers I have used, plus I get a pro discount at nearly every shop. I'm going to do some math to figure out how many bags I can fit into one box vs online ordering/etc.

Oh, and besides for colors of hair, what are your favorite colors, we intend to send you more then hair Wink

Ooooh, I like pinks and greens...and blacks of course

Cardboard out is fine with me You could even bag colors together if you wanted to, if that would help with the room very much.

It'd be around $110 for 30 bags of hair if ordered via drlocks, and about the same or slightly higher from ikickshins, so it probably would be cheaper to buy locally and ship, particularly if you can get the hair at a lower rate.

Apparenza
PalePhantasy
curiosity's*madness

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering if you've given any more thought to my earlier posts. Please let me know, one way or the other, when you get the chance?

Thanks!

Miss_Panda
Miss Panda

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no lol i meant i want a pair of dread falls, and two of the De's in the set to be swirls Razz
Vicsarina
Colonel

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss_Panda wrote:
no lol i meant i want a pair of dread falls, and two of the De's in the set to be swirls Razz

Haha then I'm the fool >.< D'oh!!
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you'd want a set of long falls with 2 DEs (4 dreads) per fall that are swirls. [want to check and make sure I got that right xD]

How many dreads per fall?

PalePhantasy, PM'd!

Apparenza
Wild.Rabbit.Ren
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be intrested in sending you some hair to do some dreads for me but maybe at a later date rather than now

Visit My Website
http://industrial-underground.webs.com/index.htm
Miss_Panda
Miss Panda

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pallidity wrote:
So you'd want a set of long falls with 2 DEs (4 dreads) per fall that are swirls. [want to check and make sure I got that right xD]

How many dreads per fall?

how many dreads do you normally put in the falls you make ( i wanted them to have good coverage) cause everyones dreads are different Razz
yep and thats what i meant about the swirls lol
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Swap Shop All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: