Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

romanian gypsy pirate!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissBitty
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: romanian gypsy pirate! Reply with quote

So I'm a dork and LARP occasionally, I have a character i started who's a romanian type gypsy (think Anna from Van Helsing movie, as she was part of my inspiration) who was then kidnapped by pirates.

I'm planning on making a wig (or possibly getting one of you lovely ladies to make one for me, depending on how much money I have to spend on it and how lazy I'm being, lol) but other than wanting dark hair thats curlyish (again Anna from Van Helsing like) and wanting to incorperate dreads to emphasize the pirate part, I'm not sure what I want to do!

anyone have ideas or cool refrence photos or the like?

TiA!

Edited: or maybe I should make falls? although its likely my own hair wouldn't match very well since its light these days?
Neurocancer
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think something these would be perfect: http://www.extra-muffins.com/hair/viewtopic.php?t=9966

Maybe a darker colour and curlies with skully beads and wrapped in string (like the picture in the thread)

pinkstar skull pinkstar
MissBitty
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had totally forgotten about those! thanks!
iamdolleyes
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went as a zombie prostitute one year for halloween and i picked up a glamor curled wig and dreaded some of the hair on it kind of messily, and left a lot loose...(and added zombie specific details like mud and dirt)
totally different costume, but maybe something like that would work?

i'd probably use a nicer wig if it were for a longer lasting costume, and probably braid in some dreads instead (that tutorial is great)
beads and dangles would be awesome, maybe a fully beaded braid (think like the Caribbean styles from the 90's, but with smaller beads not pony beads)

this would be an amazingly fun wig to make
MissBitty
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamdolleyes wrote:
i went as a zombie prostitute one year for halloween and i picked up a glamor curled wig and dreaded some of the hair on it kind of messily, and left a lot loose...(and added zombie specific details like mud and dirt)
totally different costume, but maybe something like that would work?

i'd probably use a nicer wig if it were for a longer lasting costume, and probably braid in some dreads instead (that tutorial is great)
beads and dangles would be awesome, maybe a fully beaded braid (think like the Caribbean styles from the 90's, but with smaller beads not pony beads)

this would be an amazingly fun wig to make

I'm really excited about it. I LOVE making wigs and more costumey pieces. Last one I did was a dryad. But I don't think I ever did a proper show off of it. I'm definately going to need lots of beads I'm thinking for this one.
spyro
Will o' the Wisp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out urban gypsies on youtube, one of them had some kinda of wool in her hair, but it looked awesome with her outfit. They are belly dancers with traditional costume but a really cheesy danc routine costumes are so amazing
xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: