Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

more foam woes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Plastic, Foam, & Cyberlox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StarLotus
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: more foam woes Reply with quote

So I've been working on a pair of cyberfalls with a mix of crin and foam, and in theory they look friggin' awesome. However, when put into practice (as in, put on my head) the foam sticks out at dumb angles instead of hanging down. I tried layering the crin on top but (there's a "duh" for me) it obviously isn't heavy enough to weight down my unruly foam. How DOES one get the foam to behave and hang down to blend in with the other materials in the fall? A friend gave me the idea to weight the bottoms of the foam with some kind of decorative item, but these are so light and wonderful, adding weight would just suck.

Suggestions?
Black Kittie
Corporal

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps this might be of help: http://ikickshins.net/z-december07.htm
StarLotus
Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're awesome; thanks I think I was cutting mine a tad too thick....just a tad but I guess it was enough to make things look not so nice. Grrrr....now I have to go home and see what I can de-tach and salvage to start over again. Oh well; live and learn!
Saddiction
Private

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested to see how they look on you
StarLotus
Sergeant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^_^^ I'll post pics when I fix them, but I think they'll be on the back burner for a while; a friend has demanded some dreadfalls to wear to Ultra coming up so I'm going to be tied up with that for a bit.

I think I need to order more materials anyway; I messed with them so much I kind of mangled some of the crin Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Plastic, Foam, & Cyberlox All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: