Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bubble wrap o_O help please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Plastic, Foam, & Cyberlox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gutterface
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: bubble wrap o_O help please Reply with quote

so after looking at various pictures of ayumi i decided i realy really want giant bubblewrap hair, im really fond of the way it looks.

thing is, i know the basics, its bubblewrap wrapped in tape

but that doesnt at all tell me what im doing XDD

i was wondering if anyone has and tips tricks or maybe even a tut? i figure ill be putting these 'dreads' on a wig so any help there too would be amazing

th3 m4d h4tt3r 0f th3 cyb3r w0rld
ON HIATUS AGAIN- (-_- death in the family)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leperqueen
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://quinnster.fqdn.net/plastic/sampink.html

That's the only description I could find.

If you're putting it on a wig, though, you can get pretty creative with attaching it sicne you don't have to worry about ruining your hair or hurting your scalp -- maybe reinforce the top with tape and then sew it onto the wig base or something
gutterface
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup hehe ive seen that, it doesnt really help me XDD but thank you greatly

i figured putting it on a wig is much much better for my head than sticking it to my hair

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iamdolleyes
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd probably make a tiny hole in the center of a Double ender, and use string (yarn, thread, plastic, whatever you want) to thread through the holes and then braid into the wig or tie onto the base or whatever, that should let you tie on huge amounts if you want to
anarchyinthejp
Private

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: bubble wrap o_O help please Reply with quote

gutterface wrote:
so after looking at various pictures of ayumi i decided i realy really want giant bubblewrap hair, im really fond of the way it looks.

thing is, i know the basics, its bubblewrap wrapped in tape

bubblewrap wrapped in tape?! i'd never heard of doing it that way until i found this forum ^_~

glad you liked ayumi's hair, though...it was a lot of fun to make
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gutterface
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_o thats how everyone told me it was done. *smacks self in the head*

you are...well to put it bluntly, my idol. youve made probably 95% of my favorite hair ever. one day ill not be so poor e_e

but yes, ayumis hair is fantastic, its just big enough to be fantastic without being so big that you couldnt fit it through doorways <3

anarchyinthejp
Private

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gutterface wrote:
o_o thats how everyone told me it was done. *smacks self in the head*

you are...well to put it bluntly, my idol. youve made probably 95% of my favorite hair ever. one day ill not be so poor e_e

but yes, ayumis hair is fantastic, its just big enough to be fantastic without being so big that you couldnt fit it through doorways <3

that's the fun about making hair, though...there are no specific 'right' or 'wrong' things that you can do, as it's all about experimenting! bubblewrap is all about how you want to show it...think about the ways you could work with it if you want it stick-straight, or what you could do to make it lumpy...honestly, trying a couple methods on plain clear bubblewrap is a good way to get used to it, and find the best way that works for you

also, if you're in the states, i recommend going to the post office...they have a HUGE variety of colours, and we could usually make about 9 dreads out of each pack, depending on the length

and wow...thank you i'm not used to hearing/reading things like that, so i don't really know how to respond in an eloquent manner XD but people liking what we do is what makes me want to work harder to make something better

and ayumi is lucky that her bubblewrap is a wig...when i had bubblewrap i was reduced to wearing button-down shirts for months, because it was THAT BIG. D:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bingeandpurge
Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused by all this bubble wrap talk and I can't possibly seem to picture what it is you're talking about!
Think anyone could post an example picture or two?
I am intrigued...
FRUIT_SALAD
Major

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was wondering where you started even making them into dreads! ¬_¬

though they look amazing!
anarchyinthejp
Private

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bingeandpurge wrote:
I'm a little confused by all this bubble wrap talk and I can't possibly seem to picture what it is you're talking about!
Think anyone could post an example picture or two?
I am intrigued...

look at my avatar ^_~ also these pics below that we made since we came to japan ...

bubblewrap is extremely light and makes enough volume to turn your head into a house ;P but it's mostly recommended to have as a wig, as i found out the hard way that water that gets trapped inside the extensions from washing your hair makes the bubblewrap go through some sort of bizarre chemical reaction, making your hair stink of mildew when you take them out x_x
*Naya Nazari*
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I browsed trough your gallery an I must say your deadlock work is amazing, really professional done.

I might ask you a rather "business secret " kinda question, but how the fu** do you make the extended areas so invisible. I looked up a thousand tutorial's but never saw something similar????
I'm i blind or what????????????
anarchyinthejp
Private

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Naya Nazari* wrote:
I browsed trough your gallery an I must say your deadlock work is amazing, really professional done.

I might ask you a rather "business secret " kinda question, but how the fu** do you make the extended areas so invisible. I looked up a thousand tutorial's but never saw something similar????
I'm i blind or what????????????

thank you!!! we put a lot of effort into our wigs especially, because if very, VERY small sections aren't taken, you can see through the netting on the cap, or it pulls and shrinks the overall size...so everything we make is obnoxiously complex. my fingers ache thinking about it. ^_~

and sadly, the way we make our bubblewrap dreads is super top seekrit. i was sworn to secrecy, with both of my cats' lives on the line should i unzip my lips ^_~ to be honest, it's not impossible to figure out with a lot of think time, but it's something that we really pride ourselves on, as bubblewrap dreads a. take forever to make and b. are not the easiest to put in, either. however, until the day they come out, the extended areas are mysteriously MIA. ^_~
*Naya Nazari*
Corporal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The effort is really showing on every piece, really fantastic and inspiring.
I was wondering about the Monofiber Dread extensions, not the bubblewrap ones, although the bubble ones look neat ;)
gutterface
Colonel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh pics XD *drools a little*

i think ive figured out a way of making them that doesnt include me spending an arm and a leg on ducttape. though ill have to test my theories first and see if itll work XD

see gals this is /why/ im so excited to go to japan XDDD

Vicsarina
Colonel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like that first/blonde one. That is like,... so gorgeous!
anarchyinthejp
Private

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...thank you for your positive comments everyone over here every material we've worked with has gone through a boom of sorts, and during the period those photos were taken five or six people had bubblewrap, but not so much anymore T_T everyone has decided to go and get 'real jobs' so work has been kind of dull as of late ;P i'll put more up in the show-offs section once i get some decent photos
apatico
Private

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never worked with bubblewrap for hair, but I think what I would do is roll each section up real tight and shrink wrap it, then attach it to a wig base with a needle and fishing line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Plastic, Foam, & Cyberlox All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: