Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW liquid gold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> General Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unseelie
Private

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: NEW liquid gold Reply with quote

Has anyone else tried the *new* liquid gold and found it to be complete arse? Also, has anyone figured out how to not make the *new* formula work like complete arse?

The older stuff was goopy but at least it was a stronger bond. The new formula is weak. Sad

http://www.myspace.com/blue_eulb
Leperqueen
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the label on the new stuff look like? I just put in some wefts with Liquid Gold the other day, but I've never used it before so I don't know if my bottle is new or old

Anyway, so far the bonds are nice and strong. About 1cm on the end of one of my wefts came loose yesterday and I had to re-glue it. However, I didn't install them properly because I wanted them to be easy to remove in case I screwed up at my first attempt (I put glue on the wefts, but not on my real hair, and I didn't add another layer of real hair over the top or twist the ends with glue lilke the tutorial on Doc Locks suggests).. so the weft coming loose could've been more human error than bad glue.
TwiggyDEVOUR
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Liquid Gold all the time.. Never heard of any "new" liquid gold.. did you buy it off ebay? sounds like a fake :/
I've never had a problem with it.. it holds strong for months..
doclocks
Private

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, its true. It's not a fake. The new LG BLOWS!!! It's thinner - much thinner. There is a note on the side of the new formula bottles.

Months ago we received a sample bottle of *new* LG to try out and give them a review on. We said, "Hey guys, this sucks." We didn't think much of it.

Then we received the new 2oz squeeze bottles. Which are a great idea. Squeeze bottles? Hells yeah! But the stuff inside them is super runny. Oh crap, the new test formula. We called them up and threw a minor stinky-poo. We don't have them up on the site yet as we weren't sure what to make of them.

Then they changed their paint on kind. Good lord. They informed us its HALFWAY between the squeeze bottles and the old formula. Ugh.

They insist that they received too many complaints about the old stuff drying up in the bottles. Yeah, the old stuff was gooey, but it WORKED. What's a girl to do, go back to latex? Pfft.

I'm half temped to leave a cap off a bottle to see if gets better to work with. You definately have to wait for this stuff to tack up longer, but you won't have as much of a layer, so maybe a second layer is in order? If you figure it out, or if anyone uses this new stuff and LOVES it, please for the love of god email me. doc@doctoredlocks.com

-Doc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> General Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: