Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plastic mowhawk help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Plastic, Foam, & Cyberlox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fairyinthefire
Private

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Plastic mowhawk help! Reply with quote

Hiya,

I was hoping someone could help me! I'm planning on making a plastic tubing mowhawk, but to go onto a bald head, but does anyone has any ideas as to what to use as a base? I dont really want to use wig foundation as it would be quite visable, and I dont think wig lace (lace used for lace fronts that is) would be strong enough! I know its a bit of a longshot but I thought someone might know of some ingenious technique!

Thanks in advance!
cyberwench81
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember who it was, but someone on the old Quinnster's board made a dread mohawk attached to a strip of fabric, and glued it to her boyfriend's head with Copydex!

It looked really good, and apparantly he suffered no ill-effects from the glue. If you didn't want to go down that route maybe you could attach the mohawk to a paid of goggles?
Alek.Andro!d
New Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i frequently do this when i shave my head.
some craft foam works wonders for this.
then just super glue it to the skin, make sure its freshly shaven tho, otherwise it doesnt feel the best comming off. but it holds well, and alot of drag friends do this for all thier hair pieces.

the foam works well and doesnt burn you when the glue reacts and bonds.most other synthetic plastics will heat up and give ya a nasty burn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Plastic, Foam, & Cyberlox All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: