Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Archetype Cosmetics Reviews?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> General Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mischief
Zombified

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Archetype Cosmetics Reviews? Reply with quote

Has anyone used them before?

I ordered samples from them but haven't received them yet. I haven't even received a confirmation email or anything. I emailed them with the contact information given on the site but it came back and said it couldn't get through. I've sent another email hoping this one does get through but I'm starting to feel like I got screwed. According to my PayPal and bank statements they've taken my money but other than that I have heard nothing from them.
kezerb
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a link to them as I cannot find them on google

http://www.dreadfallhair.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kezerb wrote:
Do you have a link to them as I cannot find them on google

http://www.archetypecosmetics.com/

Apparenza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CherryLex
Big Pointy Teeth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received an order from them and TBH I found the shadows to pale in comparison to the swatches on-line. They are very glittery and pretty, just not as bright as I would have liked. And I think a bit too glittery for my taste.
I know she has been very backed up with orders and communication has been lacking. I did not get any kind of confirmation other than the email from Paypal when I paid and then I received my samples about a month later - this was 2-3 months ago so they may be even more behind now.
RobynDoe
Private

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://specktra.net/f167/anyone-order-archetype-cosmetics-recently-102889/

I found that when I googled them.
Mischief
Zombified

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone
SoupyGeorge
*soda*pop*fairy*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently ordered a LOT of samples from them. The samples are big, and crazy cheap. So if they take forever to get to me(which I've heard from a lot of people), ok. When I do get them, it'll be well worth it.

Edit to say bad things I've heard:

-They don't always ship out, or they take longer than they say.

-Most colors are really glittery

http://www.torsopants.com/store/link.php?id=U291cHlHZW9yZ2U=

http://fairy.bigcartel.com

Last edited by SoupyGeorge on Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mischief
Zombified

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a review ^
SoupyGeorge
*soda*pop*fairy*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mischief wrote:
That's not a review ^

....? I know, I was just saying I bought from them. Petrina 345 has a review on them up on youtube, if that makes you happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdY6BjLE0yA&feature=related

and you can follow the related videos to tons more reviews with swatches and the such.

http://www.torsopants.com/store/link.php?id=U291cHlHZW9yZ2U=

http://fairy.bigcartel.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mischief
Zombified

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a response email from them and I am happy now

Thanks everyone for the links
Mischief
Zombified

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I received them today and they were sent to the wrong address. I tried a few of the samples and I have to say that they are pretty much crap. I wouldn't buy from them again.
CherryLex
Big Pointy Teeth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mischief wrote:
Alright, I received them today and they were sent to the wrong address. I tried a few of the samples and I have to say that they are pretty much crap. I wouldn't buy from them again.

lol, yep, after all the waiting and unanswered emails I was pretty dissapointed too. I'm hoping that layering them over MAC paints, paint pots or shadesticks will help a little with the color payoff though. Going to try my hand at that this weekend so I'll try to remember to post pics
Mischief
Zombified

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CherryLex wrote:
Mischief wrote:

lol, yep, after all the waiting and unanswered emails I was pretty dissapointed too. I'm hoping that layering them over MAC paints, paint pots or shadesticks will help a little with the color payoff though. Going to try my hand at that this weekend so I'll try to remember to post pics

Thank you very much.

I'm so upset, these pigments were a total letdown.
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mischief wrote:

You might try calling paypal about the address thing? It sounds like that happens a lot, and considering the address on paypal is the only one sellers can ship to and be protected, it's a bit unfair to include the wrong address thing in any reviews and I'm sure really inconvenient for you. I think paypal has pretty decent customer service, but I've never had to call them about an address change.

Apparenza
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mischief
Zombified

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pallidity wrote:
Mischief wrote:

You might try calling paypal about the address thing? It sounds like that happens a lot, and considering the address on paypal is the only one sellers can ship to and be protected, it's a bit unfair to include the wrong address thing in any reviews and I'm sure really inconvenient for you. I think paypal has pretty decent customer service, but I've never had to call them about an address change.

I have called PayPal before and emailed them. They have 0 customer service. Believe me, I've been through battles with PayPal before.

Yes, the companies can ship to another address. That's why I sit there and fill out a different billing address and different shipping address so I surely can include that these companies are sending to the wrong address. It is there responsibility to keep my records until it is sent. Besides, this place sent me 0 emails until I emailed them about it twice. When I looked at it, as with others the address is just how I put it so it their fault, not mine.

I am lucky that I am not still away at college or I would be even more angry.

And not as if this is anyones business but I don't always use PayPal.
Pallidity
♥†AchromaticA†♥

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't trying to tick you off or anything, just thought I'd contribute as it seems to be something that happens to you on a fairly regular basis. Confused

Apparenza
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> General Reviews All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: