Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skull Candy Lowriders
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> General Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heiaken
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of white/turquoise Lowriders and they look fantastic but feel a bit flimsy to me, they also are a bit "loose" on my head and if I toss my head or turn it more vigorously that usually they fall of place. Maybe they will be better wiht dreads.
What comes to the sound quality I must say that I was a bit disappointed with them. The sound Lowriders produce sounds a bit "thin", it's clear allright but don't reproduce low frequencies as good as I would like. I even feel that the Recruit headphones have more bass boost that the Lowriders and they pay even less!
Over all I was disappointed wiht the Lowriders and I prefer my Koss Porta Pro's over them. The Porta Pro's have a better sound quality and bass boost that Lowriders and thet don't fall off my head when I bend over.
So what I would say is that don't buy the Lowriders but the Recruits or Koss Porta Pros's or if you want supreme sound quality go wiht the Ti''s because they are pure love!
iamtheparty
blamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got them today and I love them! Only problem is that Play said I'd get a travel pouch and stereo adapter and I didn't! I was sceptical anyway because there's no space in the packaging for either of those things! But Play want me to send them back for a replacement (Recorded Delivery at MY expense!) and it'll be at least a week until they send out another pair. And I'm pretty certain I still won't get a case or adapter.

Please buy my stuff so I can continue to eat: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjo.morgan I'll be your best friend....
Beautiful.Mess
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG I never knew baout these.. how awesome?! i want some!

http://www.myspace.com/beautiful_chik

Warning: Bubblegum Tobacco may cause Mushroom legs Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dreadstarrs
distracted starrgazer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamtheparty wrote:
I got them today and I love them! Only problem is that Play said I'd get a travel pouch and stereo adapter and I didn't! I was sceptical anyway because there's no space in the packaging for either of those things! But Play want me to send them back for a replacement (Recorded Delivery at MY expense!) and it'll be at least a week until they send out another pair. And I'm pretty certain I still won't get a case or adapter.

did you get the lowriders? mine didnt come with a pouch or adapter either. my OH got some of the full metal jacket earbuds and his came with a pouch. i dont think he had an adapter though.

my dreads and DIY myspace: http://myspace.com/dreadstarrs
my personal/other myspace:
http://myspace.com/troublelain
www.dreadstarrs.etsy.com
Ice_Pick_Abortions
Retardo Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Ti's come with a pouch and an adapter but the two pairs of lowriders that i've bought for others didn't have a pouch or adapter

IAM Ice_Pick_Abortions
Grey
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let everyone know that CircuitCity.com has some lowriders for $19.99 right now. And the Smokin' Buds show as $24.99, but in your cart they are actually $12.99. My OH and I got them in pink and black today, and so far they are freakin' amazing. I usually have an issue with them staying in my ears, but so far so good.
[Tank]
Sadistikid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grey wrote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that CircuitCity.com has some lowriders for $19.99 right now. And the Smokin' Buds show as $24.99, but in your cart they are actually $12.99. My OH and I got them in pink and black today, and so far they are freakin' amazing. I usually have an issue with them staying in my ears, but so far so good.

Do they ship overseas?! That would work out at £10 for me and I REALLY want some lowriders xD

Formally know as -x-TrashAcidMe-x- .
Grey
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No clue... check out shipping info?
Lucky_Charm
Private

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really wanted the big Ti's too, but they have leather on them, I won't order them since I do not wear that.. My sister has it, and they really do look great though.
Miss Cydonia
Private

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Skull Candy Lowriders Reply with quote

iamtheparty wrote:
We've started selling them at work and they look awesome! I just wanted some reviews of the sound?

Also, after discount I'll get them for £24, is that a good price?

Do you happen to work at Zavvi?????? lol I bought the pink pair from my work. For £24...
iamtheparty
blamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, yes I do. Madness....

Please buy my stuff so I can continue to eat: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjo.morgan I'll be your best friend....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> General Reviews All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: