Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

synthetic clip in extensions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renniegirl85
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: synthetic clip in extensions Reply with quote

Hi all! I'm trying to find some good clip in extensions. I really prefer synthetic hair as opposed to human hair. I've found some hh at one of the local beauty supply stores, but it wasn't what I'm looking for. Sally carries a few synthetics, but I haven't decided yet. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Ekiokitty
Corporal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a few at some of the local wig shops with their accessories. They were a bit more than the ones at Sally's but they had some different colors. So you might try hunting down one. I thought there was only one in my town and with a bit of hunting found out there are 5! ^-^
bingeandpurge
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a full head of synth extensions and not just some streaks, I suggest buying a long weft of synthetic hair (plastikhaar is my personal favorite, it's so lovely) and making the extensions yourself by sewing the weft to wig clips,

I don't think you'd be able to find a full set of synthetic clip-ins in a shop right now, everyone is so hyped-up on human hair that's what you'll be most likely to encounter.
Professional Widow
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can make your own by sewing pieces of synthetic wefts to wig clips. It's very easy. You'll just have a lot of wefted hair left over, most likely.

http://ringythingies.etsy.com
spooki cookie
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you looked at manic panic glam strips? ikickshins.net sells them cheaper than the manic panic site. they're pretty good if you don't feel like making your own.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
starlight
Sergeant Major

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professional Widow wrote:
You can make your own by sewing pieces of synthetic wefts to wig clips. It's very easy. You'll just have a lot of wefted hair left over, most likely.

I made some the other day out of straightened jumbo braid (all I had available!), I doubled it over to make a small loop at the top, braided maybe 1/2 an inch to an inch of it, then used my straighteners to seal it.. did 4 or 5 of these per clip (I got some small clips from sallys) then sewed through the loops of the hair to secure them to the clip.. I know jumbo braid isn't likely to hold up for very long, but if you're just after clip-ins for the odd day it works pretty well (I only tested 'em out for 10mins or so, buyhair isn't the greatest for looking natural haha, but if you had a less shiny brand..).. and you'll get so much hair in a pack you could just cut it off the clips and make more Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: