Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Color and Theme Ideas for Holiday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VixenSingsBlack
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Help with Color and Theme Ideas for Holiday Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm going on a surprise Disney World holiday soon soon soooooon. Sunday is when we leave in fact. My father gave my mum a 4 day trip to Disney for Mother's Day, and I am being sent with her. SOOO, I wanna do some super special dreads for the occasion.

I loved this style:

BUT I am lost on colors AND i would like them to be "disney" themed. Any ideas? Obviously I am a blonde and faire, so just keep that in mind.
CherryLex
Big Pointy Teeth

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is last minute but mickey's colors are red & black so why mot red, black & blonde? Maybe a little yellow or white in there too since his gloves are white & buttons yellow?
Minnie wears a red dress too so you could use the red/black for a girly minnie mouse themed look.
ANNloses
Colonel

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CherryLex wrote:
I know this is last minute but mickey's colors are red & black so why mot red, black & blonde? Maybe a little yellow or white in there too since his gloves are white & buttons yellow?
Minnie wears a red dress too so you could use the red/black for a girly minnie mouse themed look.

Oooh that sounds really nice. Not sure if you're going with synth or faux roving, but if you're going to use synth, maybe wear curlies, with the base of them blonde to black transitionals.
VixenSingsBlack
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the ideas! My trip to Disney has been pushed back to July, since my boyfriend had to have emergency oral surgery. He had an abcess tooth and it got so infected that the surgeon had to cut open a bit of his jaw and put in stents to have the infection drain out. He got the stents out yesterday, but they couldn't sew up the incision because it still needs to drain. If the swelling had spread anymore, he would have had to go to the hospital for a trachiotomy.

ANYWAYS, I was thinking a Tinker Bell theme: Light green and light blue faux roving. Touches of gold like sparkly Festive Fur yarn and some gold Pony Beads. Some gauzy pretty ribbon, or if I can find it gauzy/see-through leaves, like Tink's wings. There's a pic to see...

ANNloses
Colonel

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D: Oh my goodness best wishes to your boyfriend!

Tinker Bell! How cute! That's a much better idea! Show us progress when you get around to it
wiccan_willow
~*.::DreadfulBliss::.*~

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, i was gonna say tinkerbell as i was looking at a tink pic but that would be awsome, or even if you google disney theme and click on the images, here are some i found...

Alice In Wonderland

Beauty and the Beast

The Little Mermaid [my FAV]

just to name a few!! cant wait to see the end result!!!

~Myspace

^_^ beginner by nature~~~professional at heart!!! ^_^
VixenSingsBlack
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brainstormed on Minnie and Ariel hair..

results:

Green, Light Blue, and Red base with teal organza ribbon and tiny shell beads.

Red and Black base with a touch of yellow. Red with white polka dot ribbons tied in bows, and tiny little mickey-glove beads. That'd be neat

The only thing I have to question is: Can I take extensions in the dead summer heat? ALL that humidity, eeew! hmm... I'll figure that out later.

PS My boyfriend is doing OK. He's in high spirits and able to move his head around a bit, but the tooth still must be removed, hopefully on Tuesday. The incision will take a while to heal... it's still leaking gooey stuff,
wiccan_willow
~*.::DreadfulBliss::.*~

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg the little mermaid with shell beads sound awsome! i've never seen shell beads on dreads, i've seen them on braids but not dreads! that would be awsome

but you know what would be cool, remember a few months back with the girl who posted the dreads made out of caution tape, imagine black and red pokadot candy canes made with black kk and red pokadot ribbon, i know the ribbon probably wont stay on its own but maybe if you put a few stitches here and there it would hold! that would be awsome!!! i have sooo many ideas running through my head! lol

~Myspace

^_^ beginner by nature~~~professional at heart!!! ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: