Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where to find flat plastic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Plastic, Foam, & Cyberlox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlienPandroid
Private

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Where to find flat plastic? Reply with quote

Looking for a supplier or website that sells the flat plastic used in many of the hair pieces created by Anarchy.

I've seen thinner plastic ribbon sort of stuff, but nothing like what I'm looking for.

My example is on the head of cuuuute Ayumi

Mollins
Layers of Grime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the only place I've ever seen it

http://plastic-hair.livejournal.com/
Punkbuster
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the comments though. It makes me wonder if that person still has anything available.
stinamoo
is a geek

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't heard form SilverAJ on that LJ for the longest time, although he still posts on his personal account
There's a fair amount of it about on the secondary market .. or I feel like I always used to see it? I bought it once or twice as well and never used it!
I'm afraid I don't have anywhere to recommend apart from maybe posting a 'want to buy' on livejournal fakehair communities and here, or possibly contacting SilverAJ or Pepi's or Anarchy directly to see where they get their supply.
anarchyinthejp
Private

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stina wrote:
Haven't heard form SilverAJ on that LJ for the longest time, although he still posts on his personal account
There's a fair amount of it about on the secondary market .. or I feel like I always used to see it? I bought it once or twice as well and never used it!
I'm afraid I don't have anywhere to recommend apart from maybe posting a 'want to buy' on livejournal fakehair communities and here, or possibly contacting SilverAJ or Pepi's or Anarchy directly to see where they get their supply.

while silveraj did start scouting the source himself, for us [[a]narchy] personally,we aren't really at liberty to supply/sell directly, as getting it for our shop alone proves to be quite difficult at the best of times.

while that flat plastic is made specifically for pepi's and ourselves, i'm sure there are other suppliers that will have something similar that can be attached and create a look that is not too different. the only plus-side of this particular plastic is that it's hollow meaning you can keep plaited hair inside, but if it's for hairpieces or a wig, it doesn't really matter if it's hollow or solid, only if you are physically attaching it to your hair, as it can get quite heavy x_x

sorry i can't be of more help...[/list]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
AlienPandroid
Private

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alright! You were perfect help, Miss Anarchy.

I was thinking it would probably be exclusive like that. Perhaps I will shop around online, or check international eBay accounts.
Leperqueen
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got in some flat SoftGlass that is 1/4" wide (and 1/8" thick). It comes in the same colors as the SoftGlass tubing I carry:
http://ikickshins.net/colorcharttubing.htm

I haven't put it online yet but if anyone's interested in it, PM me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Plastic, Foam, & Cyberlox All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: