Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can anyone help me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Plastic, Foam, & Cyberlox
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wild.Rabbit.Ren
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Can anyone help me? Reply with quote

Iv started look for a costume for an event im going to later on in the year but then totally forgot about what i can do with my hair i then had this idea i want to get some rexlace & make them into big balls that i suppose sort of look like bunches.

A bit like this. I know these ones where done by pepis but i was wandering how id be able to get a similar look by doing them myself

I really have no idea how id go about making the balls look like that & how id attach them to my head any ideas?

For this event in particular i think im gonna have my hair braided but any other ideas of attaching it to another style like dreads are welcome.

Visit My Website
http://industrial-underground.webs.com/index.htm
Lorny
Colonel

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you going to have flowery bits in the way, or is it just the bunches you want?

If you are having something in front, I'd say to stick them on a thin hairband.

Otherwise, I'd say to attach them to clips or something. Depends on whether you're having your hair up or down or what. ^_^
Wild.Rabbit.Ren
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i wount have the flowers in the way have you any ideas how id go about attachig them on to anything to be able to put them in my hair?

Visit My Website
Leperqueen
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could get some bun covers and put the plastic on them.
anarchyinthejp
Private

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Can anyone help me? Reply with quote

Wild.Rabbit.Ren wrote:
Iv started look for a costume for an event im going to later on in the year but then totally forgot about what i can do with my hair i then had this idea i want to get some rexlace & make them into big balls that i suppose sort of look like bunches.

A bit like this. I know these ones where done by pepis but i was wandering how id be able to get a similar look by doing them myself

I really have no idea how id go about making the balls look like that & how id attach them to my head any ideas?

For this event in particular i think im gonna have my hair braided but any other ideas of attaching it to another style like dreads are welcome.

heh...that's my head

my hair at the time was just plastic tubing, which we curled with hot rollers, and i would wear in alice in wonderland ringlets...until the plastic tangled. x_x having pre-curled plastic made it easy to simply swirl them into little buns from the original bunches they were tied up in, and the flowers were just stuck through the bunches, nothing more ^_~

however, i have used rexlace to create buns before, and it was a NIGHTMARE. it was my answer to not having extensions but having a big event coming up, so i just threaded several strands of rexlace through the elastic bands i had my hair tied up with, using 30% of the length to wrap the 'base' and the other 80% to wrap around until i was happy with it, but honestly, it was a big pain. washing line or something that you can shape/curl to help it stay in will work much better in my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wild.Rabbit.Ren
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe hope you dont mind but i stole the pic from angry canine lovestick
cz i really liked how the hair was done.

Oo thats pretty helpfull do you have any other ideas of how i could do them like that?

Visit My Website
anarchyinthejp
Private

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild.Rabbit.Ren wrote:
hehe hope you dont mind but i stole the pic from angry canine lovestick
cz i really liked how the hair was done.

Oo thats pretty helpfull do you have any other ideas of how i could do them like that?

of course not! as long as my photo isn't being posted advertising sexual services or being treated as someone else's work, i am totally fine with it ^_~

one thing you could do is, [did i read that your hair was quite long above?? if not i apologise] take your hair and make it into bunches at whatever area of your head you want the buns to be, and braid the length, wrapping/winding it into little buns [or a little bun base, as it were, heh]. with that pinned/tied into place, you could take another elastic band [preferably using the non-ready type that comes in a long strand, so you can cut yourself a bit extra length to allow for extra tying for sturdiness]...and using rexlace or whatever material you decide to work with, tie several strands along the elastic band.

once you have done this, you can tie the elastic band with the plastic already attached, and then wind it around the buns, covering your own hair. when you get to the ends, you can tuck the tips into the elastic band and pin them for safety if necessary.

this is the easiest way i can think of anyway! i'd love to see how it turns out if you do it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Wild.Rabbit.Ren
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill make sure i post some pics up definatly when i get round to doing it. That sounds like a good idea but i wanted to possibly have my hair in braids so i had braids & the bunches

*EDIT*
Sorry i miss read what you said you did mention the braids hehe

Visit My Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Plastic, Foam, & Cyberlox All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: