Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese chemical hair straightener

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fragglespice
the Hamburglar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Chinese chemical hair straightener Reply with quote

Has anyone had any experiences with Chinese Chemical hair straightening? I have very curly hair, and want it straight so badly it hurts. I normally just use a dryer and a flat iron with straightening balm, and it's fine until i sweat or the air gets a tiny bit of moisture, then it just goes POOOOOOOF!!!!! I thought I might cut it all off ( it lays flat if it is 3 inches or shorter) and get straight extensions, but the extensionists I've talked to say I need to have 6 inches of hair to do extensions, and at that point my hair is curly so it would look really bizarre, and not in the good way. I've had normal relaxer treatments before, andf they still get frizzy when moisture gets in the mix, but this chinese chemical stuff is supposed to eliminate the problem altogether. Also, they say if you've used Nice and easy hair dye your hair will fall out if you have this done.

Anyone had any experience with this? Good or bad? I want as much info as I can get before I blow $800 on it.
absolutebrutal
Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eep! i've not really heard of this exact one but i'd probably go with "don't do it!".

i went for something similar at a really modern salon, they used a chemical treatment that straightens the hair for up to 6 months. a girl with super curly hair who actually works there had tried it and her hair looked great, but during my consultation she told me that it's probably not worth the money in the long run. apparently she had to style and use serums and style and use more serums everyday otherwise her hair felt like it'd been bleached to death. it was straight as hell, though. but much thinner than before and the damage was taking much longer than 6 months to repair.

this is just my experience of it. it put me off for life.
Miss Liberty
Colonel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend that has had it done multiple times and swears by it. Her hair always looks great, but i can't admit to knowing the ins and outs and dangers of having it done.

It might be worth asking your stylist. My friend also did hers once at home, but i dont think id recommend that at all. it sounds too risky. i think going to a professional in this instance would be best.
emmelii
Private

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it done years ago. Not just one of those 'hair relaxing' treatments, but a proper (I think it was Japanese though...) permanent straightening treatment. It was amazing. My hair was curly (not nice curls, nasty frizzy curls), and when they had finished doing it, my hair was poker straight, and I could just lightly blow dry it while brushing through it after washing and it would come out dead straight, no straighteners or anything!

I think I paid about £300 for it, but my hair was really long, and it lasted for ages on me because it grows out as your hair grows and my hair doesn't grow that fast. Also mine only starts getting curly/wavy once it gets to about eye level so it lasted even longer I think it was well worth the money. When it rained, I didn't need to worry about my hair!

And my hair was in amazing condition after I had it done, the treatment I had was supposed to lock in moisture at the same time, and it worked! My hair was dyed permanent black many many times before I had it done, and I think I had freshly dyed it not too long before the appointment, and my hair was fine, I would say in better condition than before I had it done

I just looked it up, and the place where I had it done has a website (it looks like a shitty website but the place was actually really good lol!), so you can take a look, I know you're not in the uk but this is what the treatment was called
Rainbow_Scene
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't do it i have extreamly curly hair too i just happen to have a really hot flatiron so when i go to straighten it i hold the flatiron in the same spot fro about 10 seconds and continue down my hair.And then attack it with mega hold hairspray.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: