Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index Welcome to Heavenly Hair
You will need to register before you are able to post

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the logistics of work-friendly-by-day, wild-by-night hair!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ourheroine
our lady of dissociation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: the logistics of work-friendly-by-day, wild-by-night hair! Reply with quote

So I've come to the conclusion that since everybody and their dog is sporting the asymetrical, choppy, angled haircuts that I usually have, I want to do something different with my hair for the summer--when I cant wear dreads and the like because of work (*sniffle*)

My hair is currently a purple angled bob, and so far I figure I want to do a really thick long mohawk that can be styled up when I wanna look fancy and down to cover the shaved sides for work (possibly with the help of those clip in wefts for extra coverage if need be). I dont want to completely shave the sides though, as I'd rather keep them about 1/2" to 1" so I can put some dreads in come fall without having to wait 6 months for the length to come back...

So. I've noticed some of those little scene girls have cute accents on their little shaved bits...like dyed in stars and stripes and that...which I think is a pretty adorable idea, but could you even do leopard/zebra/animal print on 1" hair??? And how do you do this in the first place without bleeding all the dye from your spots/stars/triangles into the background colour??? Is it high maintainance??? Is it easier to do the hair a dark base colour and bleach in the designs??? Razz

I took a look through the forums assuming SOMEONE had asked how to make their short hair into leopard print short hair, but couldnt find anything here...or through google...so any help is appreciated!!!!
Ice_Pick_Abortions
Retardo Girl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for dying designs you're basically limited to permanent black. anything else doesn't really stick and other perm colours don't stay or stand out as much as black does. anyone i know who's done it will bleach and then paint or stamp the designs on in black. using celery ends dipped in the dye for leopard print works well!

IAM Ice_Pick_Abortions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Welcome to Heavenly Hair Forum Index -> Everything Else & New Ideas All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: